Thread: 3.75 mg of Mirt...

3.75 mg of Mirt...

My doc put me on 15mg Mirt a few years ago, and it made me ridiculously tired for DAYS so I didn't end up using it. Even at 7.5 mg I still felt drugged for like a day and a half.

Recently I've had terrible insomnia due to nighttime panic and anxiety, so my doc recommended I try taking 1/4 of the pill and see what happens... So I took 3.75mg last night and slept awesome, and I still feel functional today.

Has anyone else had success with such a small dose for sleep? Does it wear off after awhile? It would be kind of a miracle if I could continue to sleep through the night with only 3.75mg. Has it helped anyone with panic and anxiety? Thanks!

Re: 3.75 mg of Mirt...

I'm on 30mg a night and I find it doesn't do anything for me. This is me though, and if it does wonders for your sleep I would keep on taking it.

Hi bananas
    I can only tolerate 1/4 a Mitaz also; still my tummy pain wakes me and then it's paracetamol or 1/2 a Zimovane to get another 2 - 3 hrs, but at least I don't feel too much like a zombie. I'm depressed if I don't get my sleep!
    Take care
    Happy days

I had to start on 3.75mg like you, because it made me tired etc..I am now on 7.5mg and sleep well on the whole. It has changed my life to be honest. Good luck with it.

I quit Mirtazapine after 7 months of hell last weekend, I now think maybe the dose was just way too high for me too (45mg and down to 30mg). Instead of calming me down, it just made me umpteen times more anxious too like you Bananas and I can't sleep beyond 3am most nights. I'm going through Wd at the mo so I won't know for a week or 2, when my body finally is rid of it, what the real me is like but hopefully much calmer as I don't really ever want to go on another Ad ever again.

I'm sorry that you have experienced such a bad time of Mirap :(

Thread Information