Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sleeping for too long in the day make anyone anxious?

sleeping for too long in the day make anyone anxious?

So I decided to have a nap at 1:30pm and woke up at 4:30pm. I am now starting to feel anxious. My antibiotics are making my belly feel like it's burning and not in the adrenaline kind of way. Just really woozy and I can literally feel my head go fuzzy with anxiety. Despite the pain with the boils I am in...My regular anxiety really was at bay...Does anyone else feel abit dodgy if they sleep in the day longer than they should? I can feel the doom creeping in..which makes me feels distant and then the distance I feel makes me feel trapped with it. I really hope I am not in for one of "those" nights.

Re: sleeping for too long in the day make anyone anxious?

How did your docs appointment go? I always feel when I wake up no matter what time I sleep. Those antibiotics don't make you feel good either especially when you first start taking them. You some thing to cure one thing and it sets something else of. Hope you feel better soon.

Well she told me to keep taking the antibiotics because they are the best thing for it but I am really tempted not to. I am 7 in and just like last time as soon as they get into my system they make me feel really ill and as I type this I am feeling dizzy and disconnected depsite being lead in bed. I can feel the anxiety rising and doom setting in. I react like this to these everytime. It's catch 22. Live with a boily butt or take tablets that make my anxiety unbearable. I have slept loads today so it's ot like I can just switch off for the night. I really hope it calms down soon. I am working myself up and can feel a panic attack is just around the corner.

The only ones that don't upset me are amoxicillin. Its hard when you know you need them for the infection and will have to take the full course. Once they are in your system you should start to feel better, They do make you sleepy and sleeping will probs do you good at the moment

Thanks Annie. I am going to try and distract myself and do some clearing up bcos I really feel the knot in the belly and just that woozy head. It's that feeling that I dwell on and it makes me so anxious.

I am going to have another Epsom bath...can't believe I bought 10kg and it is all in 1 big bag so I have to take a cup full out when I want a bath! I hope you start to feel better soon...wish I could give you a real hug but you will have to make do with virtual ones

I don't often sleep in the day, but when I do I often feel unreal/disconnected & spaced out/woolly headed when I wake up, so you're by no means alone. I think it's the transition between the asleep and awake states, particularly if you wake up all of a sudden.

I think you should take the full course of antibiotics if you can stand it Lu. There is some genuine reason you're meant to take a full course that I can't quite remember - not just to help with whatever infection you have, but something to do with future immunity maybe?

My guess is that you're groggy from your nap, which has allowed your anxiety to start to make a root for itself in something this afternoon (e.g. in your worry about the antibiotic side effects). You've been doing so well with ignoring it and getting on with getting out and about recently. This anxiety is no different to what you previously felt about going out; it's just adrenaline. Muster your best hands-on-hips, "don't mess with me" attitude and tell it to sod off - you don't need it, you don't want it, and you've proven that you can get shut of it!

for you, and good vibes!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I am going to have another Epsom bath...can't believe I bought 10kg and it is all in 1 big bag so I have to take a cup full out when I want a bath! I hope you start to feel better soon...wish I could give you a real hug but you will have to make do with virtual ones
    So strange that they came in a big bag..Could you take a pic and pop it on here? I really am curious about this!! lol. Thanks Annie! xx

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elle-Kay View Post
    I don't often sleep in the day, but when I do I often feel unreal/disconnected & spaced out/woolly headed when I wake up, so you're by no means alone. I think it's the transition between the asleep and awake states, particularly if you wake up all of a sudden.

I think you should take the full course of antibiotics if you can stand it Lu. There is some genuine reason you're meant to take a full course that I can't quite remember - not just to help with whatever infection you have, but something to do with future immunity maybe?

My guess is that you're groggy from your nap, which has allowed your anxiety to start to make a root for itself in something this afternoon (e.g. in your worry about the antibiotic side effects). You've been doing so well with ignoring it and getting on with getting out and about recently. This anxiety is no different to what you previously felt about going out; it's just adrenaline. Muster your best hands-on-hips, "don't mess with me" attitude and tell it to sod off - you don't need it, you don't want it, and you've proven that you can get shut of it!

for you, and good vibes!
    I definitely get anxiety in that between sleep and waking up stage..So I definitely think it's connected! I sometimes wake up feeling fine if I distract straight away..today I think I got up in the groggy half-asleep state and it is a similar sensation to DP. I have just done some squaring up around the house to distract and burn off some excess anxiety..but I could only manage half an hour because I am so tired. I am going to keep taking the course..in the same manner that I pushed through with the Cit. It's only a week but I just hate the way they make me feel and I have been dwelling on the sensations. Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement. It really helps so much when times get rough!! xx

Yep, always feel anxious, DP, out-of-place (like i don't know what to do with myself) when I sleep at odd times. I either 1.cry, 2. go back to sleep, 3. have a shower and then comfort eat or 4. do something to take my mind off it (long walk usually).

I find number 4 works best

If nothing works just remember tomorrow's another day, another chance. And also that we've all been there/will be there again xx

Will do Lu, just need to charge my camera up..don't think I dare use the one on the phone yet! It has taken me all day just to work out how to send a text and make a call. I had to get my Dad to call me 3 times before I could figure out how to answer it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information