Thread: 100mg Sertraline and feeling aweful!

100mg Sertraline and feeling aweful!

I've been on 50g of sertraline for around 3 years with good results.
    Over the past 6 months my anxiety has increased and came to a head while I was on holiday on Spain (typical) :(

2 weeks ago my GP advised me to increase the dose to 100mg.
    The First week was fine. I'm just coming into my 3rd week and I feel terrible.
    Flu like symptoms, head pressure, dizziness, no appetite, Nausea, waking in the night in complete panic. Strange dreams..

Do you think this could be side effects from the drug increase or the anxiety getting the better of me?

I'm now thinking I should change doses or brave the next few weeks in the hope of an improvement.

Re: 100mg Sertraline and feeling aweful!

I'm in same boat. Into 4th week on 100mg and going through bad side effects. Been told to go with them + should get better over coming weeks.

Yep to all of the side effects you've mentioned and on 100mg for 4 weeks. The night panic has just started and I HATE it. First time I've had this so know for def that it's the meds.

Give it more time; I have felt my usual anxiety has been helped. ok it's been replaced by another set of symptoms but they should pass xx

I am just starting sert, on day 2 of 50mg, I feel like I am on speed half the day, upset tummy and nausea, does this take long to settle? X

It's 1am and I've fallen asleep a total of 3 times but woken up in a panic every time. Had to take 5mg of Diazapam in the hope of getting some sleep.
    I hope the Sertraline does it job soon as I've got a job to function at the moment.
    At times like these I wonder if I'll ever be free if anxiety.
    The effects it has on your every day life is just aweful. :(

I have to start on a 50 tomorrow and not looking forward to it.. have been on 25 for the last few weeks and my anxiety and panic attacks (including night ones) have been horrible. And yes the effects it has only daily life is something that a non sufferer will ever understand

I am also taking diazepam when needed.. from what I have gathered it is best to stick it out.

Good luck, stay strong and get some sleep :-)

Looks like we are all suffering with side effects, I am fed up today, started back part time at work but so tired and shaky, I just want me back and feel like I have been fighting this illness forever. I know that each week things get a little better but like it has been said sometimes you loose one side effect and another pops in.

Take care xx

i feel awful saying this but i thank god i am not alone...ive increased to 100mg and my god its like torture... ive had meds in the past and always get the most horrific side effects and this is no different...im in a fog and waking up feeling like im being pulled into the bed and choking for breath...i can hear noises in my sleep and having weird dreams...
    i look around me at times and think why is everyone normal and happy and i am here feeling like i have no escape...panic and anxiety s a cruel illness... unpredictable, painful and very debilitating....
    i pray that the 100mg works soon.. i also take diaz when needed which has been daily for the last few days, was on propranolol and may need to resume a low dose, supposed to tak low dose of quetiapine and sometimes need zopicone....was never and this started initially in feb then i had break down in march...thought id be well on the mend by now....but looks like it is a helluva long battle x

Week 3 and there is a slight improvement. The night time panics seem to have subsided and the flu like symptoms have gone but these symptoms have been replaced by dizzeness which I've had before I started taking Sertraline, slight nausea and just an overall feeling if things not being normal if you get what I mean?

It's like I'm living in a bit if a dream world and I keep having these déjàvu feeling! Very weird.

The dizzeness is the worst part. There is a constant pressure behinds eyes and I'm totally off balance. So my automatic thought is 'brain tumour' undisguised 'aneurysm'!!!!!!

Once again side effects off the Sertraline or anxiety I don't know but I wish I could just feel normal again.

Hi i am on week 4 of 50mg of sertraline, I take with 80mg of propanolol beta blocker each day(which I think are a godsend for stopping the shakes), I woke up with awful panics for the first couple of weeks, now it seems to be night sweats and jerks and once I waken up its so hard to get over again, hope you lose the side effects soon, my friends on 100mg and they have been on them a long time and stuck with the side effects and are doing well...

Thread Information