Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: symptoms come in cycles

symptoms come in cycles

hi, does any one else have the same prob as me
    i can have one symptom for a couple of days or three all together then they vanish/ on to the next one/ and all around full circle until you are back there again-its like every day u are prepared for battle also i would like sum advice plz-i realised that i have been predicting how i am going to feel and wham it happens,how do you stop automatic thoughts i have been telling myself that i wont be the same next morning but its as if it has become habit. thats when i realised that i am making myself feel this way by the thinking god it sucks-
    my symptoms (you know them all yourselves but it helps me to put it down)
    burning heat temparature wave(worst one hard not to panic u are on fire)
    nausea
    cant eat
    diahrrea(oops)
    chest pain
    palps
    chest tightness
    cant breathe(sucks i want to smoke)
    not being here
    icy chills
    pins and needles
    numbness in limbs
    tight band around head
    chill down back of neck

i wonder if they keep giving u new ones until u cave into panic?
    thanks for listening peeps

God im the same my symptoms come in cycles too..you just think you have got over one symptom to get some other..then you are back top square one again..at the minute mine goes in cycles of tension headaches then chest tightness then back again...its horrible
    I know what you mean about automatic thoughts ,every morning lately i wake up thinking when will the chest tightness starts and then it gradually comes on and doesnt go away
    i cant give you any advice im afraid on how to stop this..but you are def right our thinking causes our symptoms
    by the way i have (and am) experiencing all of those symptoms
    I hate anxiety with a passion

Hi JuJU,

Yes,I have experienced all of the symptoms you described. It is a vicious cycle. I hate the palps the most. I get them quite often. I went to the emergency room thinking they were something seroius. I was on the monitor for over 2 hours. They just released me to go home. I was not put on any medication or anything. My doctor prescribed xanax. I take that only when the symptoms are unbearable. I have had this condition for many years. Have you been dealing with this for very long? Are you perimenopausal? Sometimes things seem to get worse around that time because of declining hormones.

Mia

Hi Whenwillitend,

I understand. It seems just when you are no longer worried about one symptom, there is something new to take it's place. It is extremely frustrating to say the least. Are you on any medications?

Mia

I think we get used to one symptom, so the mind 'creates' a new one until we get used to that and so on.

I must admit, I don't have the same cocktail of symptoms that I used to have. I seem to be one of the few on this board to get a lot of muscular spasm down my right side which seems to be a moreorless permamnent feature!

At least the swapping of symptoms helps us believe that they are anxiety related.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

i am on citalopram 40mg dont know if they are working or not every day is a battle been on them 6 weeks
    no hormones involved either (not yet anyway)
    last couple of days had a really nervous stomach and scared feeling wot next?

also i think my main thoughts that get me anxious is worrying about feeling anxious if you know wot i mean- i dont necessarily worry about my health-well sometimes- its the physical sensations i cant bear

Yeah I know,

I think it is the dread of symptoms that brings them on for me. Even knowing that it is the anxiety causing them doesn't always alleviate them. Sometimes it helps, but not nearly as quickly as I would like. I have been trying to get by without the medication, but maybe that was a mistake. When I did take the xanax, i did stop having palpitations for about 3 months. They returned later after hearing about the death of 2 friends. Things like that really depress me, and then I get a lot more anxious. I try to think about all of the positive things in my life. I have beautiful healthy kids and grandkids, my husband is a hard working man who tries to meet my needs and wants,however,he does not really know how to be supportive. He has a hard time expressing himself and does not really pick the best choice of words sometimes. He will only put his arms around me or hold my hand if I say something first. That is not very comforting.

Mia

hey mia
    i went on beta blockers (propranolol) because my palps were that bad i am on 120mg a day, stops them- stops a lot of the trembling too -my hubby is the same how can they possibly understand, glad we have this site so you can comfort yourself knowing that its not just you
    take care

One of my doctors gave me Inderal(popranolol)years ago. I never took it.
    At the time I did not have palps. Recently a doctor gave me another drug(tenormin). I don't think it is the same as Inderal. I think one may be a calcium channel blocker, but I am not sure. I had heard that those can actually precipitate heart problems(the drug I have,not the one you have). I don't like taking xanax because it is very habit forming, but I am almost ready to take that chance just to get some relief.

Mia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information