Thread: Stuck It out and beginning to feel better slowly

Stuck It out and beginning to feel better slowly

Hi All
    Felt it was important to post that after sticking it out on the citrolapm I today began to start to feel normal again not 100% by any means but so so much better.
    I have been on 20mg for nearly two years and recently on the docs advice went up to 30mg ( 7 days ago ) and had the horrible side effects for a short while which are unbearable at times but if your suffering please please stick it out for a tad longer they do wear off gradually honest, also got counselling starting in two weeks which I hope will help.

Many thanks to all you guys you are all an inspiration to me paul

Re: Stuck It out and beginning to feel better slowly

As some time has passed now, I wonder how are you getting on with the citrolapm & also if your counselling is going ok?

Hi there
    You say two years? What made you increase

Hi there
    Had a major stress incident in three forms and the cit at 20mg wasn't working...smoked 80 fags in one day and realised I needed to see the doc who suggested initially 40 mg but compromised at 30.

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Hi tessar
    iam getting on ok with the citalopram now I think as I have been on 30mg from 20 for 8 days.... Usual side effects and still a little drowsy but ok, I have also lost 2.5 stone in weight due to anxiety in 8 weeks ( no appetite ) but I regard that as a bonus.

I have had to ride out the Side effects which were unpleasant but hopefully there tapering off now.

Counselling starts next week I will touch base on how it goes Iam looking forward to it though.

Best wishes Paul

Wow, paul, 80 fags in one day. you must have been wired after that. also wow at losing 2.5 stone, you must feel really different, maybe not the best way to go about it but i can see it would be a bonus. hope your Side effects have tapered off a bit, they arent very pleasant. I'm glad u were looking forward to Counselling; did it go ok?

Smile Re: Stuck It out and beginning to feel better slowly

Hi Tessar, how's things going?
    I promised I would catch up with how the counselling was going Iam 4 weeks in and it's really beneficial for me in fact it's changed my whole outlook on life......had no bother for a while still on 30mg a day cit and 3weeks left of the counsellor so all being well it will stay like it is.....

Please feel free to ask anything and I hope this helps in some small way

Paul

It's good to hear from you & so brilliant that the counselling is really beneficial. It's amazing how a bit of professional help & being pointed in the right direction can change your outlook. I'm very impressed that everything's going so well. Keep up the good work. As regards me, I'm amidst dealing with issues left over from being bullied as a child. It isnt very easy; feels quite alot to handle sometimes. like you i'm seeing a counsellor. Good job too as I wouldnt be able to do this on my own. i did a load of cbt about 7 yrs ago so i knew when this 'crept up on me' that it needed dealing with. I do like this site, so many kind people. I'd always been a bit afraid of a forum, thinking that somehow it wouldnt be a good thing to join - but I find quite the opposite.

Thread Information