Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wedding anniversary and don't want to go out

wedding anniversary and don't want to go out

Today is my wedding anniversary, hubby usually works away through the week but is coming home tonight. I hardly slept last night, have the headache from hell today and feeling weepy. I know he wanted to take me out for dinner and I don't want to go. He will understand but I just seem to wreck so many special days. he is always so good and supportive and doesn't deserve a wreck like me (although he says he wouldn't want anyone but me)

Re: wedding anniversary and don't want to go out

Annie. You must do what is best for you - it's no use taking a step too far, and feeling worse because of it. I would suggest you have a sit/lie down with some camomile tea, lavender oil on your temples or something to see if you can get shut of that headache, and just to have some "you" time, then assess how you feel again later. If you don't feel up to going out, don't beat yourself up - it may be your wedding anniversary today, but you could postpone and go out at the weekend or something, when you would be able to celebrate feeling better, as well as your marriage

I think I am trying so hard to feel good for him getting home that I am making myself feel even worse. I just wanted to make today special for him, he is always so good to me and supportive. I have just put a lavender wheat bag in the microwave to put on my head.

I agree with Elle-Kay. You can't force yourself..You will only feel worse. You may feel alittle better and up for it later...If not then you can always post-pone. You could always cook a nice meal or have a cosy night in. I always find just togetherness no matter where you are lovely on special days. Give hubby a lovely massage. I am sure he will appreciate it xx

Happy anniversay Annie Listen, who says anniversaries are meant to be out for dinner occasions, why dont you have a take away at home, light some candles, have an epsom bath LOL, you know what i mean, what matters is you spend it with him, feeling comfoirtable and happy, going out for dinner isnt important. He will undersatnd, you know he will! xxxx

Congratulations!!!!
    Stop putting yourself down Annie.
    You must be a special person to have such a special husband that obviously love you very much.
    Why not cook him a special meal or have a takeaway if you are certain you cant manage to go out?
    Hope you have a lovely day and an even better evening.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

I think it will have to be a take away and he will be happy with that, nothing in to cook a meal and I can't drive yet with my foot and I can't stand long enough to do a massage I know he will be happy just being home with me but I just feel like I let him down sometimes. I just need to stop worrying about feeling good then I will probably feel good

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Thanks for all your kind message

Exactly!! You need to stoip the guilt and worry. All your wonderful husband will want is to spend time with YOU. It doesn't matter whether that be out or in the comfort of your own home. Just as previous posts have stated..You are obviously a very special lady Annie (we knew this anyway) and you will be able to make it upto your husband in many ways when your foot is better and your anxiety leaves for good! Maybe a nice weekend away to somewhere he will love. My sister goes away on regular weekends to Dublin becasue her partner has a huge thing for all things Guiness related..They go to the factory etc lol. Something like that maybe? xx

I know we haven't had a break (apart from in my foot!!!) for a while. When he was staying in a hotel a few weeks ago I phoned and booked him in the spa there for a massage as I felt bad I can't do them at the moment. Had to cancel our holidays this year and had to cancel last year as he had to have an op! Had to go all the way to Cardiff for it (from Durham) as it was the only place we could get it done.

Well you are in need of a well deserved break! Something to look forward to when you are back up and running (literally lol) xx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information