Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will this last, i cant take much more!

Re: How long will this last, i cant take much more!

Quote Originally Posted by cos123 View Post
    Hi Ally and Hannah: Ally you actually made me laugh out loud with your last post (and there hasn't been too much of that going on lately!!). The fact that the pain of a bladder infection is preferable to feeling the side effects and anxiety just says it all doesn't it!!
    Hehe...I know! Crazy, huh?

The thing I don't undestand about this Cipralex which is one of the newest ones out there and purported to be one of the best ones for anxiety is that the side effects are raging anxiety and restlessless. It's like a cruel joke of sorts.
    It is. This is my second time on Cit. I didn't get most of the side effects the first time, so this time has been a real shock. The anxiety has been awful, esp. in the evenings I've noticed (I take my tablet at around 10am, so maybe the evening is when the tablet is taking most effect). It's the constant shaking/shuddering that is really getting to me though...it's bloody annoying and I wish it would stop. Every morning I wake up and hope it's all gone. Not today it seems.

Steve L -- Hmmm....sounds like a trip back to the doctors is needed, to get their advice... hope they figure it out for you. Have you been on Cit for 2 weeks or 40mg for 2 weeks? How long on Cit in total?

Ally

Quote Originally Posted by ally2012 View Post

Steve L -- Hmmm....sounds like a trip back to the doctors is needed, to get their advice... hope they figure it out for you. Have you been on Cit for 2 weeks or 40mg for 2 weeks? How long on Cit in total?

Ally
    Hi Ally,

I've been on Cit for 14 weeks and increased from 30 to 40mg just over 2 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by ally2012 View Post
    Hehe...I know! Crazy, huh?

It is. This is my second time on Cit. I didn't get most of the side effects the first time, so this time has been a real shock. The anxiety has been awful, esp. in the evenings I've noticed (I take my tablet at around 10am, so maybe the evening is when the tablet is taking most effect). It's the constant shaking/shuddering that is really getting to me though...it's bloody annoying and I wish it would stop. Every morning I wake up and hope it's all gone. Not today it seems.

Ally
    Hi Ally: that's really interesting because I take my pill at night and the worst anxiety is when I open my eyes in the morning. so like you said it seems as the drug really gets into your system the real horror starts.
    I feel shakey too, like when I first move my hands they shake, but it feels more like shakiness on the inside. Feel kinda clammy (sweaty too).
    I upped the dosage last night by a 1/4 tablet as i'm on it a week now and I swear I felt worse this morning, even waking during the night sort of startled.
    Strange that you had little or no side effects the first time you took it and now...is your anxiety worse this time, I mean before you started the drug, I know mine was.
    Oh well, time to try and get on with the day and try not to ruminate.
    I'm here when you need an ear. This emoticon is what I feel like today-nuts!!

cos123

Hello everyone how are we all doing today?
    I have been feeling not to bad!! Still have a weird unreal feeling and sometime the pit of stomach feeling of fear if you know what I mean. And some horrible thoughts keep popping in to my head about how big the world is and the skys massive but I've been trying to change my mind and distract myself and just act normal.
    My mantra has become "everything is just as it was, everything is normal, its just anxiety, it will pass" and I keep saying in over and over again when I feel a hit of panic.
    Thank you again to everyone who took the time to post with kind words and great advice!!
    Sending love and hugs
    Hannah x x x

Glad to hear you are doing better Hannah!

I think I have gone backwards a little today and yesterday as I have had two down days (5 weeks into my citalopram now) but hopeful of coming back up and improving

I keep trying to tell myself I will get there, and I will do it and get better!

Hi Little scientist,

Im sorry your having a bad few days, I actualy think I spoke a bit to soon because I feel a bit weird now. Having some weird thoughts and feel a little anxious.
    Its so weird how one minute we're doing ok and the next its like a step back. I really hope the Cit start to kick in soon and make me feel a bit better, I would be happy with just the weird thoughts going away. Forever. They are horrible and make me feel like Im losing my mind.

And we will Little scientist, get there, we will get better. Its just a phase and will pass.
    Take care
    Hannah x x

Hi Hannah and Little Scientist:

I know what you guys are saying, one minute I think maybe I can do this and the next I'm just frozen sitting here in front of the TV not taking anything in arguing with my self about whether to take an antivan or not. Even though I think the Cipralex has helped me sleep the days are unbearable. When I read all these posts from all you good people struggling it seems so unfair.

cos123

Quote Originally Posted by hannah26 View Post

And we will Little scientist, get there, we will get better. Its just a phase and will pass.
    We will! I have felt normal before, and I will feel normal again! I went for a walk earlier today to the canal. I took a notebook and pen, and sat on a lock and wrote down positive things about myself. This is the biggest thing I need to change in my life, is how I see myself. I realised last week just how critical and negative I am on myself!

Previously I have just waited for the anxiety to pass, finally I have realised I need to help myself to get better and I am the only one who can do this, but with help and support of those around me

Quote Originally Posted by little scientist View Post
    Previously I have just waited for the anxiety to pass, finally I have realised I need to help myself to get better and I am the only one who can do this, but with help and support of those around me
    You are so right. I was just saying today that I really think I needed it to come to this. For me to feel this bad, because I have always just covered it up with medication or shoved it deep down inside and neer really speak about it. Now is the time for me to fix my mind and I know it will be a slow process but I need to do it this time.

I love the idea of writing good thinks down about yourself. I am also very critical of myself and never think I am good enough, its something I need to work on also.
    But I am loving the positive attitude on here. It gives me hope. x x

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Hi Hannah and Little Scientist:

I know what you guys are saying, one minute I think maybe I can do this and the next I'm just frozen sitting here in front of the TV not taking anything in arguing with my self about whether to take an antivan or not. Even though I think the Cipralex has helped me sleep the days are unbearable. When I read all these posts from all you good people struggling it seems so unfair.

cos123
    Hello Cos123.

I can definitely relate to feeling frozen, its like any minute something terrible is going to happen . I actually think the thought of having a panic attack and losing control is just as bad as an actual attack. Its the build up to an attack that freaks me out.
    Meds can really mess up sleep plans, I have never been a great sleeper, well I love sleeping but I find it so hard to get to sleep and stay asleep. I need to find a way to sleep well, its probably because I cant sleep in the silence and have the TV on every night and I tend to watch it. Its hard.

I hope you are feeling a bit better now, I had no idea it would as hard as this did you? Im not sure I would have started Citalopram if I had known, would you?
    Take care.
    Hannah x x

Hi hannah: Yeah I don't know if I would have chose this drug either, but i had hit the wall with my anxiety and I would have taken voodoo potions if I thought they would make this stop at that point. The last thing i remember my family doctor saying was Cipralex has way less side effects and works quicker than many of the old drugs.

Is it hard to get a psychiatrist where you liveJ? Here the waiting list is months so family doctors fill the void, as you know psychologists don't prescribe, but I think I would feel more relieved if it was an expert on these drugs who was monitoring them with me rather than my family doctor. I know if i went back to the family doc, she would just say, okay lets change it without a second thought, but its not her brain this stuff is getting poured into it.

I'm finding it so hard making decisions, do you feel like that.

cos123

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information