Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Trazodone any good for anxiety relief?

Re: Is Trazodone any good for anxiety relief?

I had a few weirdy side effects for the first 2 days, mainly feeling like I couldn't breathe or swollow anything properly but that could have been anxiety too only it's felt like something was supressing it! I've also felt a bit sick too and like I needed to do a huge burp, ha ha! But those side effects have pretty much gone away quickly even the horrible dry mouth and I've actually slept brilliantly for the first time in months so I'm so pleased I've given Traz another go and will def stay on it this time now. I'm still waking up pretty panicky but hopefully as I get the dose right that will all go too, are you just anxious first thing now then Greg or are you still getting anxious during the day too? For me, first thing on a morning and my sleep has always been the last thing to ever come right when I have suffered with anxiety before. Hope you are feeling back to your old self in no time at all. Have you managed to get up to 75mg's yet? I know you said you are real sensitive to hieghtened anxiety with ad's, I'm just the same Greg which is why I am on Trazodone not an SSRI. Last time I was started off on 100mg's of Trazodone and was still taking Mirtazapine too so I think it was all just too over stimulating. It took me 7 months to convince my doctor that Mirtazapine actually made me more anxious and I am so happy to be finally off it.

Hi Karen, glad you seem to be doing okay on the Trazodone this time round. I'm on day 17 of 75 mg. I'm still waking up with a dry mouth and feel more tired than usual but compared to past experiences on SSRI's and SNRI's it's no problem at all.

Thanks Bernie xxx I'm finding Trazodone really easy to start up on and only have the dry mouth SE too now but Im still waking up feeling pretty paniky so hope that starts to pass once the Traz gets more into my system or once I up my dose. I've been ill for 7 months now going through a divorce and I've tried 4 ad's that have all made me feel even worse so I'm really hoping Trazodone can kick this anxiety into touch once and for all. How are you feeling now you've been on Traz almost 3 weeks???? I was on Traz 18 days last time at 100mg's but I was taking Mirtazapine at the same time and withdrawing from it. So it's hard to say just what Trazodone was really doing for me being mixed with a meds that made me more ill and what was hard to withdraw from!

I must admit my head feels a lot clearer. Before I couldn't think straight as I was so anxious and felt in turmoil most of the time. Felt really a little anxious the last few days but just started my period so I think it's down to that.

I'm looking to increase up to 150 mg but think I will wait another week before I do that. I was on Mirtazipine in the past and it did nothing for me except making me fat! Soon as I stopped it the weight came off.

All in all I'm happy with this medication so far. Hope you see an improvement soon

Argggghhh, the dreaded hormones hey Bernie. Hope you feel less anxious in about a week then! But it's good to hear you are showing some signs of getting better after only 17 days on Trazodone.
    Luckily I never put on any weight whilst on Mirt but it's weird no longer wanting to dash to the food cupboard every night, which I was defo doing but I was so anxious during the day I walked such a lot and could barely eat antyhing during the day but come 7pm and the munchies set in.

I have been on 200mg daily for the past three years. I did cut down to 150mg for about ten months last year but found that my anxiety levels were increasing due to a change in my personal life.
    It does tend to help me sleep but I do feel tired and lacking in energy all day.
    Still, it's much better than citalopram that I was on before. That just turned me into a zombie (no eating human flesh though!)
    250mg I believe is the maximum dosage outside hospital.
    It dose take up to six weeks to become fully effective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information