Thread: Dr Claire Weeks Book, Need help translating please

Dr Claire Weeks Book, Need help translating please

Hi all,

As some of you will know, I知 suffering with this stomach ache feeling and lower back pain and I知 hoping it痴 just anxiety and nothing serious.

I have just had a bath and tried reading some of the DR CLAIRE WEEKS SELF-HELP FOR YOUR NERVES book and there is a section on the CHURNING STOMACH.

I知 having trouble understanding what she means by a CHURNING STOMACH, does it mean sickly feeling or my stomach ache feeling (please read the below statements from the book).

* Begin with the nervous feeling in your stomach, the so-called churning.
    * This may feel like uneasy fluttering or may bore steadily like a hot poker passing from your stmach through your back.

I put churning stomach into Google and got CANCER and ULCER, which has worried me.

Can people please help me by stating what the think a churning stomach is and the part where she says like a poker passing from your stomach through your back.

I have nobody else I can ask without being embarrassed.

Red

Oh dear, you been googling again! I think she means when your stomachs feels like its turning over and over, nerves just before a performance etc. The feeling that you may be sick or need the toilet etc. Butterflies in the tummy that sort of thing. Hope that helps, and don't google anymore red you know it's not good for those of us with HA, lol

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Is there anything you can put into google without the results including cancer????

I'd translate stomach churning as that feeling you get when you are anticipating something, when you get nervous. The kind of butterflies in your tummy - like when you are doing an exam, or going somewhere new, or that feeling you get when google turn up another cancer related website!!!

My abdominal pains and lower back pains are like a dull ache, that pull you down, feel heavy in a way. I also get sharp pains that don't last long and I think these are some kind of muscle tension.

How do your pains feel? Can you describe them?

I really do think that yours are anxiety related, especially as they are nothing new but just returning after a brief relief from them. If there was anything serious going on, it would be getting progressively worse, you wouldn't have some pain free days before it returned again.

Hope this helps - you seem very anxious lately. If I can do anything to help, please PM or email me. I'm no doctor but I'm always happy to compare symptoms!

Caroline
    xx

Hi,

The lower back pain is a very slight dull ache, 2 out of 10 but I can notice it.

The belly ache is also a very dull pain 3 out of 10 but does go in a chronic state at times where I need to go to the toilet to releave it.

Red

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi all,

As some of you will know, I知 suffering with this stomach ache feeling and lower back pain and I知 hoping it痴 just anxiety and nothing serious.

I have just had a bath and tried reading some of the DR CLAIRE WEEKS SELF-HELP FOR YOUR NERVES book and there is a section on the CHURNING STOMACH.

I知 having trouble understanding what she means by a CHURNING STOMACH, does it mean sickly feeling or my stomach ache feeling (please read the below statements from the book).

* Begin with the nervous feeling in your stomach, the so-called churning.
    * This may feel like uneasy fluttering or may bore steadily like a hot poker passing from your stmach through your back.

I put churning stomach into Google and got CANCER and ULCER, which has worried me.

Can people please help me by stating what the think a churning stomach is and the part where she says like a poker passing from your stomach through your back.

I have nobody else I can ask without being embarrassed.

Red

<div align="right">Originally posted by reddevil - 06 August 2006 : 19:40:26</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Churning stomach means feeling sickly or nausea. I have had many symptoms including nausea.

Mia

Hi Red -
    The definition of churn (as in churning stomach) is... Said of a person's stomach: to be turning over in anticipation or excitement.

Oh and by the way - big hand slap for googling symptoms
    lol

xxx
    Sandy

CKirby LOL, you are dead right there type any symptom into google and you will find cancer, Even a typical toothache will bring up cancer on some pages. Lesson should be learned (don稚 google) but can many resist when they have health anxiety and get new symptoms. Tc all Vernon

Thread Information