Thread: Hello forum

Hello forum

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself.

I stumbled across this website whilst making the classic mistake of using Google to try and self-diagnose whatever condition is causing my symptoms. I'm unsure at this stage if my symptoms are caused by panic or anxiety, but I suspect they are.

Over the last 3 or 4 years (could be longer) I have noticed that I spend a lot of time feeling generally 'not great', and worrying about whether or not I actually have a physical / genuine medical condition. My symptoms are pretty consistent. Very rarely does a day go by where I don't feel light-headed. I have never fainted or passed out, but often feel as though I could.

I should clarify that I never feel dizzy or experience any sensations of imbalance. My light-headedness is more of a visual feeling, e.g. I feel as though I have to concentrate to process what I am seeing and my brain feels foggy. Sometimes I feel as though I am just observing, almost as though I am inside my head looking out. Hard to explain.

My other main symptom is one of a social nature, in that I tend to avoid social situations if I can. For example, I will make excuses for not going out with friends if I think when I am out there is a chance I might start to feel anxious about being out. I guess this is because quite often, when I am out, I feel anxious, as though I just want to get back home. There is no rational explanation for this.

I have never really discussed any of this with my GP but I have a telephone consultation book for later this week. I just thought I would post my story on here in the hope that someone might have an explanation.

Sorry for rambling on and thanks for taking the time to read.

Regards,
    David

Re: Hello forum

Hi David,

It look's like you are experiencing symptom's of anxiety. You have done the right thing contacting your GP surgery to book a telephone consultation with your doctor. Hopefully he/she will be able to put your mind at rest and help you find a positive way forward.

BobbyDog

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

Hi caledonianblues

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi and a big

Thread Information