Thread: zantac advice

zantac advice

hi does anyone know if its safe just to stop taking zatac, ive been trawling the internet and cant find anything about just stopping it, i was on 150mg x2 twice a day then i went down to just 1 a day can anyone advise please

Re: zantac advice

Hi Susan

I too have been on zantac 150g twice a day for over a year now.

I found out i was pregnant in June and my gp said to said to stop taking them and to substitute with Gaviscon. I did ask if it was ok to just stop after been on them for all that time and he said it was perfectly safe to do so. I unfortunately miscarried and am now back on the zantac as the gaviscon wasnt doing much. I do have to say my ibs has flared up since starting the zantac again, but i cant say for definite that its is related to the meds or just a coincidence.

Check with your GP if you are unsure though, always best.

Take care

Rachel

Re: zantac advice

hi rachel, thanks for your reply i have stopped taking them and replaced with gaviscon, by my docs advice, your right about the gaviscon it dont work for me either, the thing ive noticed since coming off zantac is that i dont get so many pains or so much wind now, so in my opinion the zantac was prob giving me low stomach acid as my diet was bland aswell, anyway i feel loads better now

Thread Information