Thread: Crap night and day

Crap night and day

last 24 hours ive not been feeling well.
    woke at about 4 this morning and layed there with hope of going to sleep.
    i was having stomach pains which made it hard to lay on stomach or side at times and then on top of that my chest was uncofortable as normal and then i felt the lump in my esophagus return as did the nausea.
    this morning ive changed meds from lansoprazole to omeprazole as i think the latter is better and more controlable.
    lansoprazole i dont think is doing as good for me due to take in the morning and later in the yday and night i think it wears off.
    so anyways this lump i can feel with pain that comes and goes is there and i feel like theres a little bit of food stuck on it at the moment but im sure that will clear as the day goes on but its horrible.
    on days like today i hate this illness whatever it is.
    it doesnt help either when the anxiety levels raise as well.
    i want to feel well again.
    ive been trying to tell myself these last few days that ive had the gold standard test for the esophagus and there notthing harrible in there but you do worry still.
    also theres other things it can be from simple issues like reflux and silent reflux through to motility issues.
    pissed off.
    simon

Re: Crap night and day

It does sound like these symptoms are caused by anxiety and the more anxious you get the worse the symptoms will get. You must try to trust your doctor that it is nothing serious

Thanks for the words and I know when your in the middle of this stuff it gets hard to know.
    I recently had medication induced gastritis which gave me pains like stomach ulcer and now I've had more abdomen pains and nausea etc. Its damn horrible. But with watching a vid this morning the areas these pains are in are common poinnt for a hiatus hernia which I do have. I have so many pains and stuff. And apparently no reason for them. Its just doing my head in. This all could be hernia issues or associated problem or something else$ all tests in last 6 months or so point to hernia and reflux but I'm not suffering the classic reflux symptoms. Its all getting to much today yet on sunday I was so positive even if feeling ill
    Simon

This is something I posted from another thread that is relevant to this -

I also have this at the moment. Feels like it gets stuck between ribs in middle of my chest. Burping after eating too. I have IBS so other pains in tummy too. Been on Lanzoprazol for years now but having to take double most days. Also on Citalopram, could these have this type of side affect? It's not usually as bad in the mornings but I am worrying that it is a lump stopping food going down. Any advice anyone?

just been doing some reading of a facebook group and interesting to read that a hernia can get bigger over time, after my recent bout with gastritis etc due to the mortazapine i wonder if mines grown at all in the last 6 months, it would answer a few questions if it has. time will tell

Thread Information