Thread: Brain zaps/shocks

Brain zaps/shocks

Hi there ive been on cipralex over 2 years now, but have stoppped taking them for past 3 weeks, see i know about the discontinuing syndrome but ,,OMG . horrendouse brain zaps. only at night when im in rest mode. always wakes me up when asleep. NOW FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT HAD BRAIN ZAPS, i will try to explain. electric shock in head not painfull tho but continues for about an hour and a load like drum pulse noise in your ears.... when i have these it sends me crazy!!!!!!! i get very very aggitated angry cry, and just as i get to the piont of chopping my head off it stops as suddenly as it starts.Now i know its my own fault for suddenly stopping meds but i got past 3 weeks now and will just cold turkey it.WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYBODY HAS HAD THIS AND HOW LONG WILL IT LAST????????? IM HOPING A MONTH MAX TILL FALSE CHEMICAL OUT MY SYSTEM. PLEAS GIVE ME SOME PEACE OF MIND .ALL ADVICE WELCOME....
    LISA

Re: Brain zaps/shocks

please please get back on your full dose and taper off slowly, I Cted like you, had brain zaps etc for a month and then it all went away, then full on withdrawal kicked in at month 4 after I had stopped.

PLEASE get back on while you can.

Defiantly check in with your DR this is a really silly thing to do! No wonder you are having brain Zaps!

I speak from experience and thought I would be a smart arse and do a rapid detox of 4 weeks.

It was great.

Until a few months down the line then holy Jesus. I have just been of work for six months and in and out of hospital. DO NOT DO THIS my friend.

You are supposed to come off of these over 6 months. And this is the advice of one of the best shrinks in the west of Scotland. cause i am now under his care.

If you want to come off then do it but please do it right.

I completely know what you mean by brain zaps. You dont say why you are coming of your meds but I am not sure that it is ever wise to stop suddenly. I had brain zaps ever time I did. When I finally came off meds for good, I did it very very slowly and over a very long period of time and I never had any withdrawal symptoms.

Thread Information