Thread: blood after bowel movement.

blood after bowel movement.

Sorry for yet another post. But I am really upset. This morning I had bright red blood after bowel movement. Had this a few months ago as well. I am so worried, I mentioned bowel cancer to GP months ago, who said it was unlikely and that I probably had a internal pile, but I have no pain and I thought you always had pain with piles. This confirms my fears, constant nausea, pain stomach and now this. If I have got bowel cancer, then this means I have had it since june as this is when I first had the bleeding. feel like crying again.

Re: blood after bowel movement.

I often get a little bleeding and it is from piles but they are not painful. I think when it is bright red it is more likely to be piles. If you are still worried go to your doctor and he may send you for a sigmoidoscopy which would reassure you.

Thanks I am booked in for tests, ultrasound of stomach I think. Is 39 young to have bowel cancer, because the GP said it is , and that my blood tests are always fine. I am not convinced.

I think as has been said it is generally accepted that bright red blood is probably OK and from piles.

But do get it checked out both for pease of mind and because I have a number of friends (I am probably a lot older than you) who have taken swift action when they spotted somethign "wrong" and are now, despite having had bowel cancer, pretty much completely cured.

The blood tests would have shown anything but further tests would reassure you more. It is the dark tarry blood that is more worrying. You may have a small fissure which would also cause red blood. If it is only happening now and again and is bright red then I am sure it is either a small fissure or piles.

hi i am no doctor,but have learned a lot about the effects of continual checking which has plagued me for 4 years.A doctor once told me that fresh red blood is not a problem[unless it occurs ereryday for days-weeks-but that dark blood [virtually black]is of concern.But its peace of mind that people like users of this website crave.good luck pete

I don't get pain with my piles and pass blood sometimes but I do have Crohn's and Diverticular as well.

Best to get it checked out anyway for peace of mind

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks. GP spoke about collitis and crohns but said your ESR blood rate test would usually show inflammation if you had these and mine was fine, so basically ruled those out. I am going to mention it again at appointment tomorrow, as I'm stressed out with it all.

I disagree about the blood test showing if you had inflammation and it not being colitis or crohns as my crohns was diagnosed following a sigmoidoscopy and yet the blood tests were fine.

The scan should help show more though so try not to worry until then

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information