Thread: Venlafaxine does not seem to be working anymore

Venlafaxine does not seem to be working anymore

Hi I've been on venlafaxine for about 6 months. It got me out of a bit of a dark hole, but I've never felt that wonderful on it.

It seems over the past week that i'm feeling a lot worst. Last weekend i didn't sleep well at all.

Then this week, anxiety has kicked in along with unsettled mine, the dreaded feeling in my stomach, everything just seems rather grey.....

I'm on 225mg. I'm going to go back to the doctors next week if i still feel like this.

Has anyone been on or know of anyone been on a higher dose than 225mg?

thanks for reading
    Kel

Re: Venlafaxine does not seem to be working anymore

Hi, sorry your having a hard time.
    I think your doing best by going to see your doctor.
    I have heard of people taking 300mg's but i think thats extreme!
    Hope you get it sorted.

Hi Kerrie,

Just wondering how you're getting on. I recently dropped from 225 to 187.5 and the headaches are gone as is the stomach acid feeling. I also feel slightly better.

keep in touch,

Paul

kerrie your dose might be too high, have a word with your gp, hope you feel better soon xxx

Just wanted to report that I stayed on the 225mg. I have stopped drinking and I can't believe the differenece it is making.

I got to the stage when I was drinking a bottle of wine per night. I would have a drink as early as 12noon at the weekends then try to hide it from friends and family.

It was at this point I knew if I didn't do anything about it, then i was in danger.

For the past 2 weeks, i have cut down. I have not had a drink since Saturday. This is probably the longest I have not had a drink for in about 3 years.

I can't tell you the difference its made. I no longer feel so paranoid, or as down. I feel more positive and generally happier . Also, I have a feeling of pride that I’m actually able to have a little self control.

Long may it continue.

Just wanting to share this to others who may turn to drink for release. I really understand now when they say that it’s a depressant.

Anyway, I shall keep you posted!

K

any one know how Paul is getting on Sober 2000

Joy

hi Joy

go on th ven good stories please 2rd on down his has been posting on there xx

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

3rd

Hi, I've just recently joined and I thought I'd comment on the posting that 300mg of venlafaxine is an extreme dose. I've been taking 375mg daily for a few years and I think that this sort of doseage is more common than you think. Does anyone out there take this doseage and what are your side-effects like ?

I have been on 375mg for over 10 years. It really helped me at the time, and keeps me being able to have a normal life. In terms of side effects, very little, but if I forget a dose, by 4pm I am all over the place. I cannot concentrate, I feel like I want to be sick etc. On some occasions, I have to get a booster from my Doctor of Mirtazapine 15mg, and this helps have a greater effect of removing any of my issues. There is also no increase in side effects, except for a few days while my body adjusts to making mirtazapine.

Thread Information