Thread: Going on a date...help!!

Going on a date...help!!

So I feel ok today. Alot better than usual. I even had a visitor and didn't once feel all that anxious. I have agreed to meet for a date. I don't really know how it will pan out because just thinking about it is getting me very nervous!! It is going to be a daytime thing and he is coming to my neck of the woods. I don't really want to go to a pub or anything incase I get an attack. He knows the situation and I am not even nervous about having one and him witnessing it. I tend to be a suffer in silence panic attack person anyway. Just go white and feel faint and sit all clenched in pure fear. I am just so scared of the attacks that I am worried about a high pressure situation like a date triggering the DP...that so often triggers the attack. I have put this off for weeks and weeks and I am thinking that the amount of advice I read is to just go and live life as if there is no problem (because of course there isn't really is there guys? lol) others I have spoken to have said "don't push yourself if you don't feel ready" but my thoughts are...When will I ever be ready? I want to spend time with this person. So what advice or thoughts do any of you have?

Re: Going on a date...help!!

I say go for it life is for living and like you say he knows your situation, you never no you might have a great time good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I say go for it, but be kind to yourself the first time out to "ease into" it. If you don't feel comfortable about going to a pub etc. then perhaps just go for a walk round a park or something, get a Starbucks takeaway to keep you warm and enjoy each other's company. Maybe having got more comfortable with the date situation you could do a pub or cafe or something the next time, or maybe the cinema (which I feel more comfortable because it's dark, so no-one can see me if I do feel anxious! lol)

On my first date with my husband we walked for hours around the city centre, doing some Christmas window shopping, because I didn't feel comfortable enough to stay in one place for any length of time.

I think you should go. He sounds really nice and understanding. A daytime thing sounds a god idea and like Elle-Kay said even if it is a nice walk round round the park or a drive out to somewhere nice to walk sounds a good idea then you won't be in a crowded place. xx

Thread Information