Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GP visit - waste of time

Hi Vernon

Thanks so much for that - it does make sense - but I guess its easier said than done!

I've been on mirtazapine for over 18 months - I was on 45mg, dropped down to 30mg in June, then down to 15mg in July - I took my last 15mg on friday night and boy am I suffering!

I am soooooo mad with my psychiatrist:( - I was never told to reduce to one every other day, then every 3rd day etc etc - and I had no idea it came in liquid form!! If I had known - I wouldn't have been so silly.

I suppose even 15mg is a lot - as my GP explained, 15mg is actually a recognised dose, and I had been taking them for a long time.

I feel sick and dizzy all day, but worse when I wake up (kind of get that horrid adrenalin rush as soon as I open my eyes), crippling stomach pains and lower back ache and and not forgetting the diarroeah (never was very good at spelling!!)

When will I start to feel ok again?? A week, 10 days, 2 weeks?? Not sure I can cope with feeling like this for much longer. But now I'm off them - I'm NOT taking anymore!!!

Thanks SB xx

Hey,

Not sure how long it will take to feel good again.
    I still get dizzy periods now and it has been nearly 4 weeks. But i think that is more to do with anxiety then anything else!!!!

Perservere.......I know you are going to NOT go back on them, but try and be patient, its your body adjusting......you know about drug addicts and the physical pain they go through when going into rehad etc....this is the same thing!

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Hay x

Thanks Hayles. I'm going to see my psych tomorrow - so am going to tell him exactly what I think of his poor advice re withdrawal. I'm not craving the tablets (not like cigarettes!!!) - just sick of feeling bad.

Felt really sick when I woke up and still feel nauseous now - with tummy ache and back ache. Really dodgy tummy - not that I'm a mum yet, but its like what they say about a newborn's first number 2!!!! Strange sense of satisfaction in knowing that this "thing" is now leaving my body for good!! [Sorry - perhaps a little too close to lunchtime!!]

I suppose you're right - my body has had this thing in it for over 18 months - so its not going to disappear overnight.

I'm just annoyed because my main problem (like everyone else on here) is that I get a symptom and worry about it. So now that I have all these withdrawal symptoms - hey presto - I'm worrying that it might be more, or that the drugs were keeping something at bay and now it has been brought to life.

My psych should know me by now - and I really feel let down - he should have minimised any chance of bad withdrawal symptoms to avoid me hitting the slippery slope of worrying again.

SB xx

i was wondering had you tried homeopathic or herbal alternatives SB

jackie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information