Thread: Battling through it

Battling through it

about 6 weeks into my most recent bout of anxiety i've kinda stepped back and looked at things, At the moment i'm managing to put in 15 hours a week at work, manage a part time college course, put in 60 minutes of excersize a day, 30-45 minute of CBT, and 3 hours daily playing my bass guitar ( I get literally no free time ) and I guess it's making feel a little better, I still get very dark times when I just get generally really forgetful, where my mind feels extremely weak ( I don't know if anyone else gets this ) I have G.A.D and Health anxiety so it effectively acts as a double ended sword. Just saying that keeping busy really is helping me, and I hope I can get to the end of this CBT course and be back to my old self Been having a horrible twitchy eye all day and i'm getting myself pretty worked up about that ( could this be anxiety ) but then again i've had different symptoms week to week, last week I couldn't breathe, etc. Feeling a little dark tonight but I know it's just another battle and I can get through it

Sorry for all the ramblings, just needed somewhere to vent how i'm feeling

Re: Battling through it

Yes I would say the twitchy eye is a result of anxiety, you fine realise the strain you put in your muscles, how tense your eyebrows etc are, like right now, raise your eyebrows and hold them for ten seconds, then relax them, I bet you didn't realise how much tension you had in your forehead? x

You are fitting an awful lot in to your day's and the twitchy eye could just be a symptom of tiredness. I get this if I haven't had enough sleep, so try not to worry too much.
    Perhaps you need to slow down a little and give your body and mind a chance to heal.

BobbyDog

I've just had the most awful day, 5 hour shift at work, felt so spaced out and not with it, kept forgetting things and messing up, thought I was going to go mad or hurt myself/somone else, but now i'm a little more lucid I know this is just because i'm so scared of pain ( emotional more so than physical ) I'm scared I'll try to inflict it on someone else, which is pretty irrational, but my brain is having none of it...

Did a good 2 hours CBT today and I can relate to most of it but one thing I don't get is feeling more or less anxious in situations, since day one I knew avoiding stuff would make it worse so I guess my anxiety is just bad wherever I can, I can battle through work, college, whatever, but It kinda just feels like i'm treading water, I can't cope alone, I need to surround myself with friends and family, seeking reassurance daily, I'm just a bit scared, can't see much hope, another CBT session tomorrow, mabye it'll go well

Thread Information