Thread: Anxiety attacked - colon C fears

Anxiety attacked - colon C fears

Hi all:

I've always suffered from health related anxiety, but it recently has become more than I can handle. I'm looking into a counsellor to help, but I thought I'd post my situation - in case anyone here experiences similar things.

I'm a 34 year old male, and have had IBS like symptoms for a long time (at least 7 years I'd guess). I recently started urinating frequently, and mentioned my IBS suspicion to the DR again. She sent me for a fecal test, and it was positive for occult blood. So now I'm freaking out.

I have a history of external hemroids, and the IBS symptoms were so bad the few days before - that there was some blood on the toilet paper when wiping. I'm hoping that triggered the positive?

I've lost about 7 pounds in the last few weeks. Perhaps because of the stress of all this... but then my mind wanders. Other reasons for the weight loss?

I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait for the test - I can't take the stress.

Any advice folks here can offer would me much appreciated.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Keep watching the view counter go up - and no replies :| Has anyone had similar experiences, or advise to offer?

Sorry if I sound impatient. As I'm sure many here can related - anxiety and being patient don't mix very well :S
    Last edited by anxietyguy; 15-10-12 at 19:31. Reason: added a few more details

Thread Information