Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meds or not?

meds or not?

hi everyone, just a quick question, ive had anxiety and panic attacks for 8 months and so far am battling on without the help of any meds, except for rescue remedy, quiet life tabs and so on...just wondered how many of us are going this alone or think that meds have definately helped ease the horrible symptoms. I have had a horrible few weeks with palpitations and chest tightness and am tempted to try the meds..im doing CBT but not sure its helping

Hi,

I personally am taking medication for anxiety and ocd. I did try to go off but the ocd symptoms came back more so than the anxiety and had to go back on them. I think for everyone it is a personal decision whether to go on and for how long to stay on them. It was not easy for me to find the correct medicine for me but once I did the difference was amazing.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Hi ya,
    i dont take meds personally. i try and get through it without. i think its up to each individual what they feel comfortable with. im determened to battle it without. i get bad days ( or weeks sometimes) but also good ones. so if i can do it without meds thats what im gonna do.
    take care
    love twiglet xxx

I don't personally take meds so can't really say...I prefer to try to work through things and take them as they come...I really don't want to become dependant on them. Plus I always worry about side effects. x

'Never be afraid to try- remember, amateurs buit the Ark...professionals built the Titanic'

I was on Meds but am now finished.
    To be honest not sure if they helped.
    I am a lot better then i was, but is that Meds, or just help from
    everything else? I have had councelling, Hypnotherapy, Meds and of course this site.

To be honest things didnt really turn around for me until i found this site!

So not really sure if the Meds did help or not!!!!

I know that doesnt really help......sorry!

Hay x

Hi, only been on meds a short while but feel a little calmer already. As others have said, it is the individual's decision whether or not to try them.

Take care,

Polly

I take my hat off to everyone who copes without meds. I suppose I'm looking for the miracle medicine that will "cure" me. Not sure if they help but sometimes they're the only thing that clears my mind enough to cope.

ren

Im on Paroxotine at the moment. I re started around a month ago after a break of around 9 months. I feel like they just take the edge off for me, and make the panic easier to cope with when everything seems too overwhelming. It's not a miracle cure by any means, but it's been a life saver for me.

I dont think its the path to take for everyone, but certainly helped me to "see the wood from the trees"

hi there, i suffered from really bad panic attacks/anxiety due to stress at work almost 2 years ago and i didnt want to take meds after hearing all sorts of stories. eventually i gave in and spoke to my doctor about it and i will admit through i had to try a couple of kinds before i found one that suited me. it really sorted me out, gave me time to get my head together and realise i must sort out this problem before it ruins my life. i was on them for 8 months before we starting reducing them. at first i felt ashamed that i gave in, beat myself up thinking i was a weakling. but now i praise myself for at least trying and i havnt been on them now for 8 months although it hasnt been easy, the anxiety comes and goes but i just tell myself ' ive been through worse'

ever need a chat, just say

keep your chin up, there are lots of people around to help you, please dont do it alone

gail

Hi there, felt i had to reply to this i was on paroxitine for 2 years and whilst it helped with the panic trying to come off it was hell and i ended up in the local psyciatric hospital as a result. I really think that you should try to avoid them if you can but i am not a doctor i just know what i went through!!! Best Wishes kaz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information