Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm trying to come off Seroxat

Re: I'm trying to come off Seroxat

Hi Otis,
    I have succesfully come off Seroxat. One thing you do NOT do is either cold-turkey or doing alternate days. The half life of Seroxat will make it almost impossible without severe withdrawals.

Just taer no more than 10% at a time. Always get stable at the new dose before going down further. This is not a race, ther slower the better

Please free to email me or pm.

Best of luck - This can be done !

I intend to take myself off Seroxat/Paroxetine soon, I have spoken to my GP and the decision is in my hands. After reading many of the posts on the subject it looks like I'm in for some fun.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.
    From the book Dune by Frank Herbert

hi hon, i started taking seroxat about 9 years ago for depression, panic, anxiety. i had a baby 3 years ago and all fine.. about 1 year ago i reduced to 20mg, i didnt really feel any different but put this down to being so happy being a mum. about three months ago reduced to 15mg then gradually down to 10mg then 10mg every couple of days... havent had any now for 5 days....all has been well... but i having some personal probs at mo... and all the old feelings have returned... i going to try to deal with my stuff without seroxat.... my advice would be if you are in good spirits with lots of plans then now is a good time to try life without seroxat... good luck hon.x x

hi hon, just give it time, it will take a while to overcome your probs, dont put yourself under too much pressure... good luck x x

Quote Originally Posted by otis View Post
    Hi all

I would like a bit of advice/reasurance.
    I have started to gradually come off seroxat 20mg. I have been on it since 1999 and now want to come off as i would like to try for a family. The doctor has put me on on to the liquid in order to taper gradually. I have only been on the liquid since fri and i am feeling crap!! She has put me down to 16mg/8ml of the liquid and i have been fine up until yesterday when i burst into tears at work for no reason. Today i also feel very teary and emotional but also feel very sick and dizzy light headed. Is this normal even though i am reducing gradually? The doctor has told me to stay on this dose for 2 weeks then gradually go down 2mg/1ml every two weeks. Will these symptons get worse the less seroxat i take?

What happens when i am not taking seroxat anymore - will i get depressed and anxious/panicky again? i am really flipping myself out about this.

Seroxat has not been a problem for me when i take 20mg. I would love to take it for the rest of my life as i feel normal on it, but i know i need to come off it really.

Can anyone comfort me?

jodie x

jodie,

hope that it gets better i too have been on seroxat since 1999. i am scared to come off because of the withdrawal effects.

take it easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information