Page 1 of 169 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Panic Attack Coming On

Massive Panic Attack Coming On

I had one panic attack today and I called for help. It was actually The Samaritans. I did PM one member who very kindly got me through it too. She was a big help. You know who you are. Right now I feel the panic rising. I'm getting a very dry mouth and find it very hard to swallow. My face is going numb and I have a very intense tingling in my neck. I know what has caused this. I had to end something on the forum today and have been worried all day about this person. I had to stop contact because it wasn't doing any good and it was ruining the progress I have made over the last week and a half. Right now I am panicking really bad, my mood is low and I am close to tears. I hate this right now because I came so far.

Re: Massive Panic Attack Coming On

My guess is you are beating yourself up unneccesarily and blowing things out of all proportion over whatever it is you felt you needed to do.

Easy for me to say because I do exactly the same all the time and it results in me causing myself no end of distress.

I am sure the person you had to stop contact with understands it is nothing personal just something you had to do for self-preservation. I am equally certain me telling you this probably won't make you feel any better, because no matter how well I can rationalise stuff, I never seem to convince the "how I feel" bit of myself.

All I can suggest is try to relax and do soemthing to distract your mind for a bit, whatever it is, watching a crap DVD, going for a walk if you feel up to it whatever, just something to occupy your mind.

I'm doing deep breathing exercises James and trying my best to hold on until this passes. You'll probably laugh, but I'm listening to Celine Dion to calm mysel;f down. A bit shaky and out of breath with dry mouth, but I'm riding this one out as best I can.

Hi Edward...Sorry to hear this, you have done so well this week and this will soon pass. My husband loves listening to Celine Dion too. Try to calm yourself down and tell yourself that it will soon pass.

Thanks Annie. It has reached a peak and is slowly fading. I went out to the back yard because I really needed fresh air. Still a bit of a dry mouth, but it isn't as bad as it was ten minutes ago. I feel like a drama queen now, like I was announcing my upcoming death!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_1980 View Post
    I feel like a drama queen now, like I was announcing my upcoming death!!!
    But that's what it feels like - that is the reality of what we go through when we this hits us so not at all.

Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Hope you have a better evening Edward. Go and run yourself a nice bath with lavender oil, that usually makes you feel better. I understand how you feel, panic attacks can be so scary

I'm getting there James. Thank you very much for the support. I really appreciate it

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Hope you have a better evening Edward. Go and run yourself a nice bath with lavender oil, that usually makes you feel better. I understand how you feel, panic attacks can be so scary
    Can I PM you please Annie. I will explain what brought this on today

Yes Edward no problem x

Thank you very much Annie. Will do it now Xx

Page 1 of 169 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information