Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 weeks pregnant please help!

5 weeks pregnant please help!

Hello all.

I took a pregnancy test monday evening and found out I am *lmost 6 weeks pregnant.
    Yesterday I had a small amount of pinky blood when I wiped and then it went to clear discharge. Today I had some pinky tinged discharge in the morning and nothing since. I have not pain.

Could this possibly be a miscarriage?

I can't see my midwife until 14th november. I have contacted an online advisor on a baby website and they said it was possibly coming from my cervix.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Many thanks
    Helen

Re: 5 weeks pregnant please help!

Should you not be ringing your Doctor instead of using internet advice or waiting 4 weeks to see a midwife?

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

20% of early pregnancies end in miscarriage.
    If the embryo doesn't form correctly the body will reject it.
    Happened to a few women I know.
    You need to see a doctor, to asses what is happening,
    Women can bleed lightly too through out their pregnacy so until you see a doctor you won't know, but from what I remember others saying miscarriages usually have heavier bleeding.

I too would suggest seeing your Dr rather than waiting for a midwife. Have you had your pregnancy confirmed by your GP yet? (I assume so, since you have a midwife's appointment) If so, it would be entirely reasonable for you not to wait for the midwife if you're having bleeding, just in case.

I echo what the others have said that you need to see a doctor. I 'bled' a little at the beginning of my pregnancy with my son. I had had IVF and was so convinced it had failed that I told everyone I wasn't pregnant. I was it was an 'implantation bleed' My advice is to rest with your feet up as much as you can. This will allow good blood flow to the growing embryo and placenta. There isn't a lot that can be done to prevent the outcome at this early stage. It will be an anxious time for you. If you haven't had a period in a week or so then re-test. A doctor might send you to an early pregnancy unit at the hospital if you are are still bleeding and have a positive test and they will scan you to see if they can detect a heart beat and a sac but it is too early for that. I found 'visualisation' ie picturing a healthy embryo and a good supply of blood to the uterus very helpful too for a positive outcome. Take care EJ

I would consult your doctor. I have had 4 miscarriages and I am not saying that this could be the case with you but it is always best to check. A lot of women do get spotting of blood throughout pregnancy.xx

Another option would be contacting your local early pregnancy unit. You can call them direct without a referral from a gp/midwife and they can provide either an early scan (probably an internal ultrasound, which is not as bad as it sounds!) or blood testing done 2 days apart to monitor your hormone levels.
    Both of these things can give you a fairly quick indication of if the pregnancy is going to progress.
    I have suffered from two miscarriages within the last 18 months so I am fairly well versed on the proceedures which they carry out to monitor you, as I was closely monitored during both my pregnancies and the early pregnancy unit confirmed my miscarriages both times.

To offer some reassurance, bleeding is normal in early pregnancy. I never had any bleeding with either of my miscarriages, with my first I had severe cramping (the worst pain I have ever known!) which lead to me having blood tests done to monitor the progression of my pregnancy, and with the second I only had slight pain, but I had already been having regular scans due to previous miscarriage.
    On both occassions the bleeding did not begin until after I knew abut the miscarriage, and the bleeding was severe ( couldn't leave the toilet for hours).
    I was told by my partners sister, who works in healthcare, that pain and bleeding are not worrisome in themselves, but if you get severe pain or heavy bleeding, or pain and bleeding together, then it is best to get checked out.

Feel free to pm me if you want

You need to get some advice and a check up from a GP. It can be normal to have a little bit of implantation bleeding and discharge in early pregnancy. Dont fret over it, just get a check up. Agree with all that is written here, and it will give you a lot of reassurance once you have had your check up. Lots of Love.

do not use internet advise. See your gp or go to a@e if really concerned. Good luck

a&e do not do anything for a miscarriage, I attended a&e prior to both of mines and they gave me painkillers and referred me to epas the following day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information