Thread: Morning panic attacks

Morning panic attacks

I keep waking up in a full blown panic attack. They went away for a couple of days at the beginning of the week as I had a nice long chat with my mum and dad but sadly they started again yesterday as my acid reflux came back. I think it's because I go to bed worrying what my tummy will be like (I have emetaphobia) and then my dream has something to do with it as Wednesday night I dreamt about having a bad bm in a public loo. Then last night I dreamt about being on my honeymoon but it was on a different place. My honeymoon went completely wrong as I had bad jet lag with nausea and then the flu. So I spent the whole time in a panic that I would be sick. My anxiety has got worse and worse since then (esp. as I have had a nausea bug and another cold since) and I'm wondering if some of it is linked to how I feel about the honeymoon? It was meant to be the holiday of my dreams but my damn phobia got in the way.

Although I know it's also because I have been 'traumatised' by all the recent illnesses. I'm going to go over this with my therapist on Tuesday but wanted the opinion of other suffers!

Re: Morning panic attacks

I think talking about it with your therapist will help put it into perspective and help you to feel better about it. Remember they were only dreams not reality and think positive

Ok I'm really struggling to control this PA. my tummy is so sore and I'm scared by every single feeling I get in it. I'm meant to be going out with friends later but I am so scared to as we are eating out. I want to cry

It could be that thinking about going out later is making you more anxious. Try to think about now and what is going on around you now..If you need to cancel later you can. If you do go, just sit close to the exit so you can go out and get some fresh air if you need to. Try to focus on something else now to take your mind of last night.

I cancelled the meal out. I've hardly eaten anything today. My husband is going out as well so I'm going to have dinner at my parents house to try and calm down

Thread Information