Thread: Advice on increase please GP left decision to me.

Advice on increase please GP left decision to me.

Hello All

Im in a bit of a dilema had a telephone conversation with GP Friday as I have felt my anxiety rise in a morning and required another fit note (due to hysterectomy 9 weeks ago). He has suggested that I increase my meds by suggesting I take 2 one day and 1 the following day and can if I choose to increase to 100mg a day. He said it would probably help with the morning blips I have.

He has also prescribed diazapem just in case (for the holidays). Its been 7 weeks on 50 mg so not sure if I should ride it out a little longer with or increase. GP has left it up to me. OH heck. What do you think ???

I do want to come off the meds but once Im feeling ok and back at work.
    Any advise would be great as Im struggling with this one.

Thanks
    Sharon
    x

Re: Advice on increase please GP left decision to me.

A bit difficult to answer as non of us are medical doctors. But answering out of my own experience I would do the increase to 100mg. For me the increase from 50mg to 100mg was not that bad, not anything compared to what it was like to start the meds. I guess my system was now use to zoloft being in my system and handled the increase better. So my advice would be to go to 100mg and at least stay there for 3 months beforing hoping for any real effect.

Mind you we are all different if you find it too hard to cope, not being able to sleep etc. You should call your GP and ask for advice on how to increase more slowly.

Just know that you will get there

Hi Sharon,
    My GP's the same - lets me decide whether to increase/decrease or change and I'm so indecisive with anxiety and it's not very helpful. I've not tried Sertraline so can't offer you any specific advice but think it's normal to have occasional transient increases in anxiety in the first 3 months of any medication. If that anxiety is lingering - over 2 weeks I would attempt the increase but have a look at some of the threads on Sertraline on NMP to gain other members advice
    Sam

Hi can I jump in?
    George I'm on 100mg and helped a lot but still have anxious thoughts some days a little other days a lot.
    How long you been on sertraline ? And has it evened out?
    It's been five months for joe and three at 100mg.

I'm about 90% myself so can't complain x

Hello
    Thank you very much for the replys only took one increase of the meds Im frightened of increasing and getting side effects (more anxiety ). I'm toying with the ideal of sticking to 50 mg as its been nearly 8 weeks and wonder if I need to wait a bit.

I feel really thick as not sure what the benefits of 100 mg will be. Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thank you
    Sharon
    Last edited by Sharon66; 22-10-12 at 13:20.

Hi Sharon
    No exactly where you coming from, my GP said the same to me.....i take 40 mgs of Prozac daily and she said to up to 60mgs alternate days but don't know what to do because my anxiety has increased and scared it will get worse if I up to 60mgs.
    Have been on Prozac since 2004 really gets me down that I'm to scared to do the increase have asked GP if I could be going through my change I'm 48 but my periods are quite regular give or take a few days so due to have blood taken tomorrow......think I might take a look at the Prozac thread on here see if that helps me to decide what to do
    Good luck with what ever you decide Manda xx

Hi Manda

Its awful isnt it?? Im due to take my second increase tonight but still unsure. To make matters worse when I felt ok last week I booked an holiday for the family. We go to Majorca on Friday. I need to get this anxiety under control or its going to be very difficult wish I had not it booked now ahah.

Take care
    Sharon

Thread Information