Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies 40yrs+ : Perimenopause and a lot of clear mucus

Re: Ladies 40yrs+ : Perimenopause and a lot of clear mucus

Hi I am 55 yrs old and peri menopausal I didn't have a period for 10mths and thought only 2 months to go to be menopausal and then I had a period for 3 days so back to square one, on the 12 month count down. It's been 2 month without one now. I'm going through a bad time at the moment with bad anxiety/depression and on venlafaxine which I have been on for 9 weeks. Don't know for sure if this is menopause itself or it's not helping it.

Hi Ladies,

Now on Day 68, and still no period... Have had all the blood tests - FBC, Thyroid, Ferritin, FSH, LH and Estradiol (estrogen). Apart from very low ferritin (iron stores) score of 5, which I am assured doesn't stop periods, ALL other tests are well within normal limits, and pregnancy one is negative (as were all the urine tests! - waste of money there!).

GP is pretty sure it's just perimenopause starting a bit dramatically and a period will come soon. Funnily enough the pre-ovulation egg-white type mucus stopped about 10 days ago, and I had a bit of crampy type ovulating pains a week ago, so hopefully in the next week or so I'll be back to normal. Whatever my 'new' normal might be... If a period doesn't arrive by the end of next week, my GP has given me a form for a gynae scan and told me to ring them and book an appointment. But she stressed she didn't expect it to show much, as I had one back in March. I've got fibroids, and had them for years.

Best wishes, NattyOne.

Period arrived Day 69, and VERY heavy. To be expected I guess.
    Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread
    NattyOne.

I came across this posting and am having similar issues. Age 54 now and well into the last stages of peri. 11 months with no period but had one a few weeks ago after a lot of days of this stretchy mucus you mention. Now having many days of it again and fully expecting another period sometime.

Since my period and prior to it the night sweats abated so I think it may be connected as I am sleeping better.

Has anyone else got this ovulatory type mucus that is all through the cycle at random times - not just mid cycle?

Ok, I know it said 40+ but I think I can still be in the club here!! I'm currently 34, started perimen symptoms about 3 years ago but didn't realize what they were till this year. ( going through a hot flash and can't sleep at this moment so typing from phone is really annoying for me right now) oh man!! But anyway, yeah, I used to get mad at my husband when he world suggest the M word when I was still ONLY 32 LOL!! Poor guy, well, he was right, as usual..so, after doing some research, I'm hoping that I'm at least half way through the peri stage, I'm ready to move on. Ok, so now about this topic......YES!! It's so strange. I used to be regular like clock work, every 21/22 days, no fail. This year I skipped my first cycle and it was SOOO cool not having a p for that long, awesome!! Can't wait for more of that!! :-) when I was regular, I also had that ovulation stuff going on every month for a few days. You know, wiping and its WAY slippery....ok, so, last month I had it fit like the WHOLE MONTH LOL, it was crazy, it wouldn't stop and now this month nothing like that at all!! I'm hoping since I still haven't had that yet this "cycle" and its "due" this week (as per my old regular cycle) that it means that I'll be way late again, that works be cool!!
    So I'm researching and learning, can't go to my older sister because she's still too young lol so I guess that's what Google is for. So did anyone notice that if there's no ovulation discharge that it correlated to a late or none period. I would be very happy to skip another one!! :-) this year these symptoms have really kicked up a lot of notches, I wonder how much longer I have...

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help advise,
    I'm 47 and my periods have been a bit all over the place in the last few months, slightly longer or slightly shorter with clear discharge (not smelly) in between (no spotting).
    my period arrived in June and is now in it's 3rd week! I've been to the doctors and she thinks it's most likely the perimenopause. I had a pelvic scan (not vaginal) in December last year along with blood tests and everything was fin. My sister who is ten years older than me and post menopause had Uterine cancer but doc doesn't believe there is any cause for concern. Thanks xx

anyone here have problems with memory and attention?i'm 33, irregular cycles, high estrogen and low progesterone.does that influence the brain? i can't find an explanation for my symptoms, consisting mainly of attention deficits and short term memory loss (i remember eventualy).i don't have adhd or anything, just underactive thyroid and a now manageble anxiety

I can't stop the urge to take a deep breath. Doc prescibed me citolapram for anxiety but I don't appear anxious and never have and 5 months of taking it the symptom continues?? I'm 47 almost and peri menopause x

Thank goodness for this post. It’s been about 5 months and i didn’t have time to think about it being so busy. None of the websites talk about excessive discharge only dryness. I was having a panic attack until i read this. I will still make an appointment with my doc but at least i know others have the same symptoms and i can stop freaking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ladies look at mysecondspring.com it's a website for women all about menopause and perimenopause, very informative and helpful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information