Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what meds are everybody on?

what meds are everybody on?

hi
    i was just wondering what seems to be the most popular med for panic/anxiety? i am on 40mg propranolol 3 times a day(bad palps) also 40mg once a day of citalopram
    some input would be nice
    or call me nosy ha ha
    thanks
    juju

we are all stronger people after having this

None - gave them all up as they never stopped panic attacks and anxiety. Sorry to be negative but I am being honest and realistic

To me meds are NOT the answer.

Nicola

I had bad panic attacks to the extent of not being able to go out alone. The Doctor put me on propranalol and it didnt help so put me on seroxat which helped 100% i was a different person.. but the only prob is the additiction been on them for 10 years now and am trying citralopram to stop all together. Hope that helps it willget better. xx

Hi ju. been on many types of meds over the years but on Cipralex now for about 12 months they seem to help. take care, Vernon

Hi

I have been on various different meds, most recently Mirtazapine at night and Venlafaxine in the morning, although I am currently being weaned off the Venlafaxine as my psychiatrist wants to try me on Lithium.

I agree with nomorepanic, meds are not always the answer.

I am mainly taking meds now to help the depression that definately is in the family and I think brain chemicals wrong but CBT and the way we think is a MAIN thing.

I am on a combo of meds that help my depression and anxiety.

Abilify, Avanza, Lexapro, Fish oil, Vitamins, good diet and sleep.
    Many names will be different there. Valium when needed also. (the worst of them all). I have been diagnosed with a few things that I need the meds for but it can be beaten without them often.

I agree though that you can overcome anxiety without meds as I did before and I came crashing down due to a few things and started on them again but I am complex with the problems and everyone different.

You can overcome anxiety without medication but the meds can help you learn coping skills. You need to learn them and practice them to get better though. Meds are temporary mostly.

Hope that all makes sense. I am on meds but you can beat it without.

Paul

Learning to under react

I'm on 225mg of effexor. 75mg in the morning and 150mg in the evening. I was on valium until last tuesday. I'm now also taking atarax (25mg twice a day), which I was given a year ago but only used a few of. I'm seeing my shrink tomorrow so I'm hoping she'll be able to give me something else to help with this panic. There's no magic pill but there are pills that can give you a bit of a break from it (I hope!)

Hi, I am on Citalopram 15mg going up to 20mg soon and propranolol when needed.

Take care,

Polly

Hi

I have been taking cipromol for 5 years which helped, then came off and tried myself only lasted 2 months then it came back, so im back on them now.

I do agree if you can do it without then have a go, if not just keep trying until you find the right one that suits you.

Take care
    suzanne

s shaw

Hi! I was on seroxat 50 mg for seven years, since I was 14. Am now on a new anti-depressant that is also being licensed for treating anxiety-Cymbalta or duloxetine. Have been on Propanalol-apparently they're very good for controlling the physical symptoms of panic and can help treat panic attacks, and have also taken buspirone, which is a non-addictive alternative to benzos. Take the odd diazepam 5mg on really bad days, but only take one/two month cos I don't want to get addicted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information