Thread: Panic attacks at work...

Panic attacks at work...

I haven't posted on here for a long time. It seemed like I had gained some control over my anxiety and panic attacks, but in this last month this has proved to be untrue. I have three kids, work full time, and pretty much do it all on my own so there's no doubt that I am under an extreme amount of stress.

I feel miserable! I get weird sensations in my body (small pains, heaviness in the arms and legs, burning sensations, headaches, pulsating, and the list goes on), and that sends me into full panic mode. My biggest fear is that I'm dying. I think it every time I get these weird sensations and then the panic is set in motion. AND, it always seems to happen at work or when I'm home alone. I just don't know what to do anymore, I hate it!!

Re: Panic attacks at work...

I know it is the most horrible feeling but you can not die from it. Try to be positive. have you had any cbt? It has helped me to cope better in situations.

Thank you Annie for your response. Is cbt a medication? I don't take any meds. They just seem to increase my anxiety or make me very sleepy which is impossible with 3 kids. I try to stay positive for the most part, it just gets really overwhelming sometimes. Thank you again!!

Cognitive behaviour therapy. Ask your doctor if he can refer you. or you can do an online course. CBT4Panic is really good.

Hi Annie

I'm glad that CBT4PANIC has worked so well for you and that you are recommending it to others - can I just direct anyone to read the thread about the programme. Check out the link below in my signature.

Thanks again
    Robin

CBT4Panic is now completely FREE and anyone can access the full programme here http://cbt4panic.org/

I think if you talked to your GP as a first step this would help. There are many therapies available to help you cope with your anxiety and learn how to manage it. My anxiety was so bad I had no choice I had to take meds. Some do increase the anxiety at first, but there are ways around that, like taking a small dose of diazepam for a couple of weeks until the meds kick in. I had four kids and struggled to cope with every day life and look after the family. With the right help and support you can over this, you do not have to suffer alone.
    Annie is right, anxiety cannot harm you, it just makes you feel horrible and exhausted. I would definitely make an appointment to speak to your GP and ask for help.

Thread Information