Thread: heart is doing flip flops! help!

heart is doing flip flops! help!

Hey everyone,

I know that with anxiety we get missed heartbeats which causes a feeling in your chest like your heart just did a back flip. This feeling usually doesn't scare me, but today it really got me worried because it lasted a long time. Everytime I get missed heart beats, or the flip flop feeling in my chest, it only last a couple of seconds. Today when I felt it happening, it went on for atleast an entire 20-30 minutes. This can't be normal. I am feeling better now, but am still very, very worried that something might be wrong with my heart and I have some kind of abnormal heart rhythm. Please help me! Thank you

Mel

mel people can have these constantly for days and all through the day. apparently no matter how frequent they are they are still harmless. i know this is hard to imagine but i have been told this as have many of my friends on this site who suffered them really badly at times

hope this helps.

jackie

Hi Mel, I had a bad run with these last year, I was diagnosed with slight arrithmia, which is harmless. Apparently most athletes have one. If you still have them in a couple of days go see your dr even just for reassurence.

Take care,

Polly

Hi Mel,

I have suffered ectopic heartbeats ever since I was a child. The are much more frequent now. i notice them mostly when I am under a lot of stress, eating to much sugar, or have abdominal distress and gas. The best thing to do is go to your doctor for reassurance. I went to the emergency room. I was having palpitations every other beat and sometimes three or four in a row. They hooked me to monitors for about 2 hours, ran blood tests, took xrays,and checked my oxigen levels. It turned out benign pvc's which they say are harmless. With these, your heart isn't really missing a beat, they are just unevenly spaced. The ventricle is beating prematurely. You still get sufficient blood flow. Get checked out,then you will feel better knowing.

Mia

Oh yeah Mel,

When I am having bad palps, I visit www.resonancedirect.com . There is a doctor there. His initials are RLR. He treated many patients with anxiety disorder and palpitations. He has done a lot to help me cope with panic and palps.

Mia

Thread Information