Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convinced myself I have melanoma now :(

Re: Convinced myself I have melanoma now :(

Thanks Nicola
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Hi Samantha; I'm so sorry that you are feeling scared. Its not a very pleasant sensation. when panicking, its hard to be realistic. i'm often reminded to look at the reality of situations when i feel at my worst.
    Maybe I can take a factual look. You mention using a sunbed all those years ago. One fact is you did not know it may increase risk. Grom what you say now, had you known, you wouldnt have used it. That doesnt alter the situation now (in the physical sense) but you didnt know at the time. Therefore you are being very hard on yourself for a decision you took in good faith some time ago.
    Another certain fact (as annie mentions): It's a good thing you have regular checks. This is positive and you are looking after yourself.
    Once you discovered the situation, instead of running away, you confronted it head on. That is very brave. You are courageous.
    Plus it is a proven fact that regular checks will contribute to things being dealt with at an early stage. Another positive.
    You spent an hour inspecting your legs: Another indication that you are looking after yourself. I appreciate the outcome of that (thinking you have melanoma) does not feel positive right now but you are up to date with your checks & have had treatment as a result of them.
    Therefore you are looking out for your children's needs by looking after yourself. I dont have children myself so cannot pretend to understand how this feels but looking in on the situation I feel you are being a very responsible parent.

Thank you Tessar, thank you
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information