Thread: Eye disturbances! Very worried!!

Exclamation Eye disturbances! Very worried!!

My problem is actually hard to explain! I know others have posted about floaters, dark spots, flashes, and more, but mine is something completely different. It's like my right eyeball actually twitches, not the eye lid! When this happens it makes my vision wonky. I can still see but there is like a flash or small light. It lasts all of a second or so, but can happen repeatedly within a half hour or so.
    It happens more when I am driving, only a couple times when I haven't. I do suffer HA and anxiety, could this be related? I have had a MRI, CT scan, X-rays, blood, etc...all okay. I see a neurologist for optical migraines and am on amitryptiline, 12.5 mg. had a eye/ear dizzy test, the list goes on.
    I'm scared this is something scary like heart problems, blood pressure. My bp is not something my dr is concerned with and have had multiple ekg, all fine. Sometimes I feel 'pressure' in my head, like when you hang upside down, and have feelings of breathlessness!
    Should I see a eye doctor! I don't know...it's very scary though! Any advice would be nice. Thanks so much!!!

Re: Eye disturbances! Very worried!!

Hi just wanted to say I am
    Haven same eye problems and I've been in pani about this allday and I also have pressure on too of head and forhead to , it's very scary and I made app for a neuro doc I am scared its ms :,( I can't stop panic about eyes what if Iam going blind , just wanted u to know u are not alone !

Thank you Jessica! It's good to know we are not alone!! It's the strangest thing and not Something I have ever experienced! I too was scared of MS when I went to my Neurologist with my MRI. Don't worry though! I don't think you are going blind or have MS and your Neuro will hopefully allviate your fears! Don't panic as it makes it worse!

Hi there,

I know it feels like your eye itself is shaking but believe me, it isn’t. I get this at times, and it’s related to a whole host of things that AREN’T SERIOUS. Such as potassium deficiencies, tension, stress, and of course ANXIETY. I suffer from all sorts of visual disturbances and doctors and EYE doctors tell me that I’m fine and that my anxiety plays a big part with things.

You’ve had an MRI and even a CT and multiple other tests! Relax! You’re fine. An MRI, CT, Blood tests, EKGs and other tests you taken have ruled out anything serious.

ANXIETY causes many symptoms that don’t even feel like they are a part of anxiety. Your eyes are fine! A neurologist would have referred you. A general Optometrist can pick up many things: Go for a general eye check-up – That isn’t implying something is wrong, it is just for peace of mind! He will tell you exactly what other doctors have told you.

Relax, breathe, you’ll be fine.

- Zigs.

Thank you soo much Ziggy! Your response has made me feel so much better! I am going to make a optometrist appt like you said just for peace of mind, I also haven't had a check up there for over a year. Again thank you so much, this anxiety stuff makes you feel like your symptoms couldn't possibly be related to stress and tension! It becomes very exhausting! Thanks again!!

Thread Information