Thread: Does anyone here obsessively "swallow"?

Does anyone here obsessively "swallow"?

I have this weird thing where I feel like I have to keep swallowing. It feels like more and more saliva is being produced and I have to keep paying attention to every swallow! What's worse is it keeps me up...whenever I "drift off" I wake up in a panic with the strong urge to swallow again! Anyone else have these symptoms? They're driving me crazy? Any suggestions on how to MAKE IT STOP??[xx(]

Hi and welcome

Check out the posts on here ..

Links to posts about Common Problems

Nicola

Part of my illness meant I swallowed obsessively for three years, scared I was going to choke or something. I was constantly conciously swallowing and thought that the symptom would never go away.

Thankfully, since I've stared therapy I have noticed that I only swallow conciously when I'm really stressed out, but for the most time swallowing has reverted to normal, subconcious and not obsessive!

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

hi

I suffer with exsessive swallowing i've had it since march 05 it just come all of a sudden it was really bad i couldn't eat properly with it as i was swallowing loads of air and it was bloating my stomach. I went to the doc's with it and i was told it is common with anxiety and it would go away but it hasn't yet.

It has calmed down alot and i tend to ignore it now i'm eating with it i want let it stop me getting on with my life.

linda

hi all
    I ate soup and liqidised food for nearly nine months due to this problem. I lost nearly three stone and stayed in did not eat at all in public. I am alot better and when I go out order food that is a challenge every day gets a little easier.

Andy

Most of my problems were with eating liquid foods although solid was sometimes as difficult! Today I ate watercress soup (which I made myself) without any problems!

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

Thread Information