Thread: Anxious tonight.........

Anxious tonight.........

So I am in bed with the flu but have gotten over the worst. I do feel very spaced out tonight and anxious. I have the knot in my belly and now that I am "aware" of it I am aware of the anxiety and..well...we know how it works. I am really tired and I am due on my period any day now. I just need some reassurance that the combination of these two thing (flu/mens) would be the trigger. Recently has been so good and everyone is expecting things from me. Return to work etc. I really can not go back to being bed ridden/housebound

I just feel quite dizzy and just not right...also very emotional and like crying x

Re: Anxious tonight.........

Lu I am sure it is the flu and time of the month that has got you like this again. Whenever I am unwell I start to feel anxious again. As soon as you start to feel better again the anxiety will go again

Your illness & hormones will be causing this Lu. I have always felt more anxious during illnesses, or immediately before my period/at the beginning of my cycle. Don't worry. You'll be fine xx

Yes, I think it is the flu and your hormones - I sometimes get like this when my period is due, especially if I'm ill as well. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks Annie!! I just had a chat with my mum on the phone so feel alot better. She and my stepdad have just came back from Gran Canaria tonight and they were stopped going through customs and had their cigarettes confiscated lol. Bless them! Was a funny little story tbh. I think due to the hormones and flu and the fact that I haven't been able to go out etc means that I have been lead in bed alone with my thoughts and not much distraction. I have been worrying about work etc and really am worried about being anxious and stuck there. I wish I worked from home. lol x

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Thanks Elle-Kay and Sparkle...I was writing my reply at the same time so didn't see them lol.

I love that support is always here during the hard times. It's such a comfort x

When my son was 16 he went to Germany with school and was bringing German beer back for his dad but of course in UK he was too young to have it so got it confiscated and had no pressie for his dad! My mam had a tub of face cream confiscated! Then my dad panicked that they might take his polo mints off him...bless him..he is 82. I am the same with work, I am dreading going back and would love to work from home. At least I can do a phased return x

! My mam had a tub of face cream confiscated! Then my dad panicked that they might take his polo mints off him...bless him..he is 82.

This really made me chuckle. Adorable. Polo mints!! LOL xx

He was so worried, he turned to me with a look of horror on his face and said "oh no I have some polo's what should I do"! I just said "I don't think you can do much harm with a packet of polo's dad"

My anxiety has always been worse before my period, I think there is absolutely a clear link to hormones and anxiety. Hope you feel better soon lu x

Thread Information