Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: List of things that are helping me with my anxiety

Re: List of things that are helping me with my anxiety

Ricardo, I don't spend too long on this each day. I'm at work most of the day, so I can't spend hours on it. I spend between 10 and 20 minutes each night listening to my relaxation MP3s, depending on how long it takes me to get off to sleep. I often fall asleep with the headphones in, so they must be working!

If I get time, I spend about half an hour each evening working on my CBT workbooks. When I'm travelling home on the bus, I use that spare time to go through the Excel at Life apps on my phone - it's like CBT on the move!

In this way, the techniques don't take too much time out of my day.

How do you cope with anxiety,clare.x

Hi Sparkle,
    That's a great list! I must get me some lavender spray and Beroccas. Bach's Rescue is great, at times I use Kalms as well. But I absolutely agree to distract yourself with comedies, it's what I look forward too the most of a night

Thanks for that list, I found it really helpful!

Lisa

This is a great list, sparkle
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Hey guys where can i get this gum an spray from an can u take it on meds like citalopram, diazepam?? Thanks

Hi, you can get the Bach Rescue Remedy spray and chewing gum from any major chemist like Boots or Superdrug. I think it's also available in Holland & Barrett. Alternatively it's available from the No More Panic online shop. It is safe to take with prescribed meds.

Sparkle your list is a life saver..
    I also take rescue remedy and I find it helps me..also I suck mints if I'm feel nauseous with a panic attack (I'm a emit)
    Also just doing stuff like painting nails,playing games on my phone etc helps a lot
    Also if I'm in the middle of a panic attack I talk to myself like "this is only a panic attack,you will be fine,it will stop soon and you can carry on,you will be fine"

I'm also from Norwich and born in 1984.
    Where abouts do you go for your cbt sessions?

Hi Haylea,
    It's great to see another person from Norwich on these forums! There doesn't seem to be very many of us on here at the moment.

All the CBT Stress Control sessions that I attended were held at City College in the evenings, but I believe they recently moved to a different venue as they could no longer hire the room in the college. It is still somewhere in the city though. My course finished in October, but they run them on a rolling 6-week schedule. The website for the NHS Norfolk Wellbeing Service (who run the CBT) is here: https://www.readytochange.org.uk/nor...s/default.aspx and you can refer yourself there if your doctor hasn't referred you already.

I referred myself to the well being service just before Xmas and hot a letter through from them saying to ring and get an appointment so in the new year I will give them a bell and get the ball rolling..
    Is it any good?
    What happens there?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information