Thread: I'm not sure if this counts as a success....flying

I'm not sure if this counts as a success....flying

I've always had a massive fear of flying after a really bad flight over the Bay of Bengal 2 years ago. Since then I have flown but don't enjoy it. Since becoming an anxiety sufferer I have point blank refused to fly. Well, last week I managed to get myself to London, go through security at Gatwick and get on the plane with no problems at all. So far so good. Then we had the most awful turbulent take-off you can imagine. The plane was full of big Scottish blokes coming back from the Scotland-Belgium game and most of them had their heads in their hands. The guy beside me thought he was going to throw up and no-one was allowed out of their seats until 45 mins in.

So the success part is that I got through the airport and on the plane without a care. The failure is that I'm never flying again. Period.

Re: I'm not sure if this counts as a success....flying

You did really well on that flight especially as it seemed like a bad one...Don't give up..the next one can't be so bad

Re: I'm not sure if this counts as a success....flying

you describe one of my worst nightmares there lissa. bad flights, people feeling unwell. but you know, having overcome it already you probably can do it again. i dont blame you at all right now for feeling how you do. my work keep wanting me to do a 25 min flight from the local airport (in quite a small plane). i have avoided the subject & hope to continue doing so but next year we're on about having a holiday inthe states. you see, i feel like a hyprocite because i've flown to usa, canada and NZ twice. the nz flights were incredibly gruelling but i survived. i really dont like flying but know it's a means to an end. maybe you'll be able to consider it if something imporant comes up in the future. i think right now you are entitled to feel a bit stressed over it...i certainly would :-)

Thread Information