Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talking Changes

Re: Talking Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Murphys law View Post
    Try to stop thinking about what you are doing or going to do, You say your going for tea, and yet reading a book on how to cope. Really you just need to get out there and start living. The more you keep reading about panic and panic disorder, you will never break free because you keep telling yourself you have a problem when you don't. I wish you well
    I don't care if the moderators delete this,but I read the above (especially in bold type) as being rather cruel to someone who is clearly in distress.In other words the choice of words could have been thought out better.

Hi Laura How are you this morning?
    I took a diazipam last night but still didn't sleep well then woke up really panicky and crying. I was feeling so much better last week as well. I will see if I can get a doctors appointment tomorrow morning. I feel I can't win. I feel guilty being off work and that makes me more anxious but I know I can't cope with going back. My foot is still very painful, in fact it is worse since my last physio. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I have been going to a Talking Changes therapist for the past 5 weeks and only have one session left. At first I thought it was helping me but after yesterday I thought "All I have really done is talk and she has listened" It has brought a lot of issues to the front of my mind but they have not been resolved and I guess they can't be in my one last session. I am feeling really anxious and weepy again today. Yesterday the therapist said I seem very unhappy and yes I am. I just feel that life is always just going to be one big worry to me. I am going out for afternoon tea today and already it is making me panic. I have been looking through my CBT4Panic and I am determined to go but will I ever be able to do something without feeling so worried about it? I am so sick of this anxiety
    Annie, i don't know how many different therapists you have been to, but though I am sure in many cases they can be helpful, but like you I find them a waste of time and money. I firmly believe that someone who knows you as a person very well and perhaps only understands your problem in a small way, is just as beneficial.I and you know most people without this illness don't understand what we go through on a daily basis, but just being with someone who you feel comfortable with is of great benefit, even if it is for a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I don't care if the moderators delete this,but I read the above (especially in bold type) as being rather cruel to someone who is clearly in distress.In other words the choice of words could have been thought out better.
    This comment did upset me Ricardo...I really wish I could just get out there and start living. It isn't that easy for some people. Thank you Ricardo I appreciate you for mentioning this. My booklet is also from CBT4Panic which is recommended on this site and really does help me.

---------- Post added at 09:22 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Thank you for your kind words Ricardo.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I agree actually, and I congratulate you for having the courage to say so Ricardo.

I'm sure Murphy's Law's intentions were nothing put good, but as with all advice & support that anyone gives here it must be remembered by the giver that not everything works for everyone. Each individual has to find their own way through this, and simply saying the equivalent of "shape up" without taking this into account is counter-productive and can be upsetting to someone who is already in a sensitive state. I also know that Annie is following a self-help CBT course, written by a professional therapist, and recommended by the owners here. I don't see this as being the same as reading A.N. Other book which preaches positivity & goes over the old ground about what anxiety is, without offering practical advice.

Thank you Leah, I am just really having a bad time at the moment and I have overcome it before so I know I can do it again but just really struggling especially with the physical pain caused by my accident (which was the trigger for this episode of anxiety and panic attacks). x

Quote Originally Posted by Laura123 View Post
    I think that is the best thing Annie, you are not ready, don't allow anyone to rush you back before you feel you can do it, it's worse to go back then be off again. Xx

Exactly what I did Laura, and it was a big mistake. I was signed off a week, went back for a few weeks but over that time I had numerous anxiety attacks which caused me to take sporadic days off. I simply wasnt ready to return and as a result got signed off again just this Thursday gone for at least two weeks.

Annie, take the time to get yourself better and don't rush yourself back? I too felt guilty having the time off, but slowly beginning to realise that I can't do my job properly unless I am well! Ie my health is more important and comes first.

Bug hugs to you Annie x

Thank you little scientist xx

Hi guys: re the work thing, for me going back 2 weeks ago has helped me. But having said that, I realized I only could have done it at the point where I started to eat again and was sleeping most nights. Annie if you feel a wreck both pysically and mentally I say don't go back yet. I was trying to go back when I was so weak my legs would shake just from the exersion of walking accross the room.

Mentally, I'm still pretty fragile and the chronic neck pain is not helping sitting at a desk all day, but at home, sometimes all we can think to do is assess how we're feeling and if that is crappy, then we get no where. Try to be as good as you can to yourself physically to at least get that part improving.
    Hi Little Scientist, wishing you strenght and improvements too.

cos123

You are right cos...I can't even walk to the end of the street yet without being in pain so I guess I am daft to be thinking about going back to work where I would be on my feet most of the day and risking unruly teenagers standing on my foot!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information