Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming off (Sorry if this has been done before)

Re: Coming off (Sorry if this has been done before)

How is it going now steveo?

I'm struggling getting off citalopram too, just can't bear the withdrawal affects and keep end up taking another 10mg to get by. There is no way I could have driven or worked the way I was feeling today (good job it was Sunday!) 4 days after taking the last cit. So I guess it'll be a longer process.

Don't know what is worse, the side effects starting or stopping citalopram. However they have worked brilliantly in between...before I put anyone off from taking them in the first place!

Keep us updated Steveo, as I said, I recently stopped mine and I'm interested to see how you do coming off. The 'getting back to yourself' part I can sympathise with, I feel like I'm getting to know myself all over again and I was only one them for a few years, and I am also finding it hard to distinguish between withdrawel/side effects and what is actually anxiety at the moment. I hope we both get through this swiftly!

Hi Guys.
    Thanks so much for the continued support.
    I can truely say that this has been tough but I honestly believe I'm almost out of the woods!
    I believe it's been 13 days since last taking a tablet and I am definitely over the worst. Still not 100% and things get worse when I'm tired such as the brain zaps and slight dizzyness etc.
    Anxiety levels have subsided.
    I am now trying to rediscover myself as I was 17 when I first started taking these tablets and I am now 28. It hasn't helped that all this has coincided with the clocks going back as this is always a very hard time of the year for me.

I feel a huge sense of relief that I am no longer bound to my tablets! I still feel very weird not taking a tablet each day but I'll get over that pretty soon.
    The next few months are going to be interesting. I will be discovering what sort of role the tablets played in my mental health or if they even made a difference at all.
    If anxiety does return then this time I will be more eager to tackle the problems head on that go back to taking medication.

I will keep updating if people might be interested to hear how I am coping and see what a difference my life is without medication.

Thanks to everyone on this wonderful site. This is my place of refuge. Anyone who doesn't experience what we experience will never truely understand what we go through so not even my closest friends and family really have any idea but you lovely people do and I am so thankful for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information