Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hormones and panic

Re: Hormones and panic

Hi

Annie.....thank you so much for link on progesterone

Molly......yes the anxiety and feelings of doom have been particularly bad this last month it's so frightening so know how you feeling sending

Louise.....Agree totally that if we have stress in our life's it will make the symptoms worse for us, and yes I to have suffered with panic/ anxiety for many years so it's hard to know if it's from the menopause......thank you for the site power surge will take a look
    Zee.....have messaged you

Tessar.....so weird reading your reply because you sound so much like myself
    I also take Prozac and have done since 2004 it was originally for depression, not sure if it's helping much at the moment though, but I'm to scared to change
    The anger really does scare me because like you it literally comes from no where, or I can be the opposite end and cry at the slightest thing

Angelia.....yes I agree also that there is a definitley a connection between hormones and panic etc
    Once again thank you all for you replys
    Manda

Mandshere: I had Prozac for depression too; i'd come off it in summer so i had it to fall back on in winter & thats how i discovered it was helping with pmt anger. the anger would come back with a vengence. also i'd get much worse periods too, although on reflection now i realise this was probably peri-menopause. i felt earlier this year that prozac wasnt helping so came off it. i've been back on it a few weeks now though as the anger was awful. finally it's starting to work i think, though I need to keeps my wits about now as i think pmt anger is starting to rear it's ugly head.

hi i am 49 and i hve had anxiety for many years on and off but for the last year or so my anxiety levels have peaked again, i also get integestion, mild acid reflux, (which ive never suffered with before) also over the last 2 years ive been suffering with heat hives which i get every day and worse in the week before my period, ive had the hormones tested but they came back normal (twice tested) my ferritin levels keep getting low, apparantly due to the heavier periods i get, my periods are regular to the day every month, just waiting for it all to go away now lol

Hi
    Susan
    Do you take anything for your low ferritin, I'm off to buy some now
    from the chemist, my periods are so heavy and seem to be getting worse, my ferritin
    was low last time it was tested

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information