Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New in Bristol

New in Bristol

Hi everyone!

I´m a guy from the Canary Islands moving to Bristol next month. I´m another victim of anxiety and panic attacks and I´ve been coping with this almost all my life. As I´m new in the city I don´t know anybody. It would be great to meet other people in the same situation as me. Sometimes it really helps when you have somebody around who can understand what it is happening to you, to who you can talk and be understood, give advice and viceversa...

Right now I´m having a very diffcult time because since several months ago the attacks and crisis have appeared again and I´m trying no to use medication and instead of this I try to use my own techniques to overcome them, but it is really difficult. Besides, the fact that I have to travel makes it worse as it is very stressing and I´m a very nervous person.

I have never met somebody here in The Canaries who suffers the same as me but looking for information in the internet about anxiety I found this forum and thought it could be something really good to meet others and make new friends who understand you.

Well, I hope there is somebody in Bristol in the same situation and if so then just reply here.

See you

Re: New in Bristol

No one ??

I am in your area but I have physical disabilities with poor mobility so I can only very rarely leave my home. However I would be interested in anything that comes about as a result of your thread.

There has been some attempts to set up meetings in both the Bristol and also the Bath area but unlike other areas such as Leeds that have managed to have lots of successful meet-ups none have here. It seems also to be a problem not just on this site for our area I have seen it also fail on other social sites as well for Wiltshire, Somerset and Avon.

However you might just the man to change all this. I hope so.

Gordon

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

I too am new to this site, and also my panic disorder lol! But being just outside Bristol this is something I would be very interested in if we can make it work

How did we get on with this I'm in bristol x

Bristol here too.

My SA vlog.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/001Sparkie

I'm here on behalf of my boyfriend, but he lives in Bristol, too. He has found a good group called "Changes" which he has found helpful. It covers a variety of conditions, but he likes going to it. They have a website you can search for and its completely free. Some of the groups are quite small at the moment and could do with more support, or more groups in other areas. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by blackandwhitecat; 13-12-12 at 12:07.

thanks I will have a look at this

Hi there, my names Leah im a sufferer of health anxiety. I live in East Hewish near Weston-super-mare. would love to get a group together to chat and share experiences ect :-D

Sounds good, I'm just outside bristol in yate x

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information