Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Added someone from work on facebook and they haven't accepted...

Re: Added someone from work on facebook and they haven't accepted...

GA23, She wont hate you i'm sure. There is nothing wrong with the friends request. She may even be touched in a nice way! It is a compliment after all.
    I think what's happening is each time you go back to thinking about it, you're going deeper into the negatives. One thing for certain is 'spending time thinking about this is not going to change the outcome', it is not. It will make you feel worse though....
    .....soooo, rather than focus on this til Monday, making the situation worse & worse - hows about finding some things to distract yourself? Something nice; something you like. Be nice to yourself. Focus can work wonders, really it can. You need your mind OFF THIS.... any time you start thinking about it yell "STOP" (in your head, unless you are somewhere you can yell without attracting undwanted attention!!).
    I do sympathise but c'mon give yourself a break. You havent suddenly become some bad person. She is NOT going to hate you!

Hi Girl Afraid,

On the 6th of February this year you wrote a post saying you wanted recommendations for fiction about mental illness. I sent you a friendly PM straight away mentioning a book I thought you might like, and giving a few words of encouragement. You did not reply.

I mention this not to have a go at you but to show that the internet is a fickle medium. You didn’t feel like replying to me so you didn’t. It doesn’t mean you hate me or that you had any big reason for not replying. You just didn’t feel like responding. That was your prerogative. Nobody died. It’s just the internet. Not real life. This lady has done exactly what you have done, and she probably hasn’t given it any more thought.

I hope this lends some perspective to the matter.

Someone added me from a previous job whilst I still worked there and I didn't want to add her so I didn't! No big deal about it. I didn't hate her at all. We don't have to add everyone that asks to be our "friend" on FaceBook. I would just forget about it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I wouldn't worry about it. I had a good few people from work try to add me and i just blocked them. Not that I disliked them or anything but some people just like to keep their work and social lives seperate.

I always advise people if the insist on using Facebook to be aware it is a very dangerous site with many security problems.

This is the latest of an almost daily reporting on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20180229

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information