Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Added someone from work on facebook and they haven't accepted...

Re: Added someone from work on facebook and they haven't accepted...

I hope so, at the moment I'm feeling pretty embarrassed to be honest.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Quote Originally Posted by Worrychick View Post
    I have lots of friends who just like to keep work separate from social life; mainly so they can have a moan or even a relationship without their colleagures knowing all the details, so don't take it personally. x
    Absolutely. I make a point of never having any friends on Facebook that I work with currently (ex-work colleagues are OK though), as otherwise I just feel as though I have no privacy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel View Post
    Absolutely. I make a point of never having any friends on Facebook that I work with currently (ex-work colleagues are OK though), as otherwise I just feel as though I have no privacy at all.
    This person does have other people from work on their facebook though!*cringe*

- Emily Brontė

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAfraid23 View Post
    This person does have other people from work on their facebook though!*cringe*
    The other people from work they will have known for much longer...it hasn't been long, give them chance they may accept it soon.

I take things way too personally on things like facebook, its really sad and I know I shouldnt. If someone deletes me I spend ages wondering why, if someone doesnt accept my friends request I wonder why, whats wrong with me!
    My ex recently changed his profile picture to just him and it got so many likes, when he changed it to one of us when we were together, it go no likes. I spent ages being upset about that! Stupid I know. :(

I used to have an app which would tell me when someone deletes me on Facebook. In most cases it would be someone who I hadn't met for ages (such as a former colleague or someone I knew from school), but I would still obsess over why they'd decided to delete me, and why at that particular time. I recently uninstalled that app - I figured that if someone deletes me and I don't notice their status updates are missing, then I don't need to worry about them.

I'm like this also. If I see someone has deleted and blocked me (A childhood friend that I grew up with blocked me last week) I go into panic mode and obsess about it wondering what I did wrong.

I wouldnt worry about it. Its only facebook.

Look at it this way though, if they dont want to accept your friend request, do you really want them as a friend in the first place????

Anyway, if someone added me to facebook, it could take me weeks/months before I accept the request. I just dont think Facebook is that important, and maybe this is how this person sees it.

i've been there & done this whole debate. i've had requests that havent been answered in months, but it doesn happen. Another one was my sister-in-law suddenly disappearing from my account (after berating myself, thinking she didnt want to know me bla bla bla, i discovered it was nothign to do with "me", she had deleted her whole account!)
    i'm with the "may not even have noticed the friend request yet" way of thinking. seriously it may be absolutely nothing. i remember texting a colleague at work about something on a saturday & not getting a reply. because i was having a bad patch, i automatically thought "she obviously doesnt like me" and "i am just too much hard work, she doesnt want to be my friend" "i got too close to her and now she's running away just like everyone else" and so on..... turns out, she was away for the weekend so hadnt seen the message til monday morning.
    the mind is a powerful thing; best to carry on as normal and distract yourself with other POSITIVE things in your life. how about your current friends on FB? also people you meet with face to face that you get along with and who make you feel ok about yourself. best to focus on something positive eh?

I know what you guys are saying and it makes sense but at the same time an overwhelming part of me is saying: Its going to be weird and awkward at work on Monday, plus I will probably struggle to put it out of my mind :( I'm so anxious about it, I'm worried this person does actually hate me

- Emily Brontė

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information