Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant Thinking about thoughts

Re: Constant Thinking about thoughts

Hi Samantha what you have described sounds exactly how I felt when I left my anxiety get so bad, I was having what I thought were strange thoughts and petrified of them. I was sitting at work questioning how all the computers could all be connected to once server because I couldnt see any wires, and random things like that. Alot of what if's etc etc. I was convincing myself I was mad. At the time I never had the internet at home and convinced myself I must have some terrible psychotic illness. I too took Diazepam it does calm you down but it does wear off and its not for long term. In the end what worked for me honestly was Cipralex (Escitalopram) that was after first taking Citalopram which just heightened everything 100 x worse to the point where I begged my mother to stay off work with me because I was frightened of being alone (aged 26) and also could not sleep on my own. I felt that Cipralex worked for me and quite quickly, first of all my sleep and appetite started to come back then gradually feeling better and getting myself informed on anxiety and how to try and control it. I hope that you are ok and dont be too hard on yourself.

hey!!

even though everyone says that it's the anxiety, i still don't quite believe it.. i feel so damn weird!! i keep just asking what makes my brain work? what are thoughts... i feel like im crazy. If i was my normal self i know i would just dismiss these silly thoughts.. now they are taking over my life. I haven't been to work today and I don't want to go tomorrow. This is ruining my life. I'm questioning reality. How can I be sure i am not going insane!? I'm sooooo scared xx

Your not insane/crazy, people that go insane dont know they are going insane and think they are ok until somebody else realises. You know you dont feel right (you are aware of how you feel) and are questioning it and worrying and this is making it worse and the thoughts are because of the anxiety. The brain can do strange things, play tricks make us think strange things. Its really horrible I know and easy for anybody to say thoughts dont hurt you etc, but it can be really distressing for the person. But please be reassured that it WILL pass and WILL go away. Does it calm down when you take the Diazepam ? What about talking to your doctor about something else to help maybe if you feel you need it. I am off to bed now but please feel free to pm me and I will reply tomorrow. Take care. XXX

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel. For example since last Thursday I keep thinking im going to be sick and this then makes me feel nauseous and I retch (usually first thing in the mornings) although im never actually physically sick.

I keep trying to tell im just thinking myself sick if that makes sense but im not having much luck but im determined to stay postive.

Just remember that thoughts are just thoughts, its how we interpret those thoughts that make us anxious for example.

As Pancho said, although it may take a little while, eventually you will learn to not react negatively to those thoughts and then in time because your no longer affected by them the thoughts then disappear as you "forget" about them.

Aaron x

but how can i forget about them when every single thought that pops in my head i question!! im so confused. and so scared. i want to go back to being me!!

xx

I've replied to your message now sam x

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Omg Gaz I get the nose thing! I've never seen anyone mention it do I didn't want to!! It's horrible x

I feel the same, been like it since a panic attack 6 weeks ago. I look at people and have to say their names in my head because im convinced im going to go mad or loose my memory. Whats scary is i havent read about anyone else feeling this way. I look at my kids and a voice in my head says "whos that then?" And i just say to myself, wtf? Hes my son i no who he is. I panic and have nervous stomache. I was ok this morning but this eve i have been awful. Im scared im going nuts/loosing the plot?!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaela2012 View Post
    Omg Gaz I get the nose thing! I've never seen anyone mention it do I didn't want to!! It's horrible x
    Do you mean you can't escape your own nose? I know it sounds ridiculous but..haha yes, I just forgot about in the end. In fact I got bored of thinking about it. Oh damn I'm going to be thinking about this all day now lol. It's helpful to keep distracted while bearing in mind that the thought can't hurt you and really, it's a very trivial thing to worry about. It's been there all your life, why worry now? I can't even remember why I did! XD so take heart it will pass.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

i have really similar problems with my memory i felt crazy spent a year thinking that still battle it now, my thoughts were if everything i say i forget whats the point in saying anything and if everything i do i never think about again whats the point in doing anything ,and my kids are so funny but i will just forget that funny thing they did, depression/ anxiety cause this . i also think its your stressed mind playing tricks on u the best thing i have done is just slow my life down i quit my job i try to sleep well i spend time with positive people and i am determind to beat this and reclaim my mind ive done cbt it works a bit but no one gets u and antidepressants make me worse to the point i cant get up to look after my kids , recovery is sloooow give yourself time and try not to get involved in thoughts watch them float on by (cbt)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information