Thread: Im so confused now!

Im so confused now!

I have had this pain in my right side/lower rib area for over a year now.

Had various ultrasounds/ xray etc and all was ok.

Now Im getting toilet issues as in intermittent diareah

I have acid reflux/gerd, and have suffered with IBS in the past, but now Im getting pain in lower abdomen, like ovary area, had checks for ovaries a while back and they did find simple cysts.

So now Im confused as to what/where this discomfort is from.

Could it be a simple as IBS again?
    ive been taking Colofac but it doesnt get any better

Im panicking now as I think it may be a bowel problem

I dont like to keep going back to the docs and pestering them, so main question is can IBS pain/discomfort be in that area, ie pelvic low down?

thanks.

Re: Im so confused now!

Hi K9love
    I get that pain too and I thought it was my appendix but not so sure as it comes after I eat. Its been pretty bad lately. I know its not ovaries as I have had a laparoscopy and had a couple of cysts and small amounts of endometriosis.

I am thinking it could be a bowel issue too. Do you find you fart alot when this happens as I think mine could be trapped wind sometimes as not always but alot of times it is. If doctors havent found anything then I would probably think it could be related to IBS, if you have lots of fibre in your diet maybe it could be making it worse as this happens to me.

Diarrhea is yucky and I get bouts of that too. Anyway I hope you all the best and you find out what is going on. But I wouldnt worry too much hun as I get it too and Ive heard others with IBS say they get that pain.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRoxy View Post
    Hi K9love
    I get that pain too and I thought it was my appendix but not so sure as it comes after I eat. Its been pretty bad lately. I know its not ovaries as I have had a laparoscopy and had a couple of cysts and small amounts of endometriosis.

I am thinking it could be a bowel issue too. Do you find you fart alot when this happens as I think mine could be trapped wind sometimes as not always but alot of times it is. If doctors havent found anything then I would probably think it could be related to IBS, if you have lots of fibre in your diet maybe it could be making it worse as this happens to me.

Diarrhea is yucky and I get bouts of that too. Anyway I hope you all the best and you find out what is going on. But I wouldnt worry too much hun as I get it too and Ive heard others with IBS say they get that pain.
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do tend to pass wind a lot lately, and burp for England!

I was asking tho cos Ive never had this pressure type pain with IBS before, but I suppose its just another "pain" Im going to have to put up with, oh the joys of IBS

yeah I would say it is alot of trapped wind. Dont worry hun I get it too and its really annoying, but like you I always hope its all good down there and nothing too serious is happening. I think its normal to feel worried.

I dont think anything is serious going on for you aye but for your own peace of mind it is good to keep your GP updated of any new pains and symptoms you have as they can take note of them and assess what goes on from there for future reference.

All the best aye

Hi K9love,

I have been suffering with this pain on my right side, just around my lower ribs. I have had a bit of pain on the other side and around the back as well, but the major pain is the right lower rib area. I have also been having some pelvic and lower back ache, they are sort of pulling aches, you mention your pain was heavy? i was wondering if it feels the same... Are you feeling better? I was told in the past I could be having IBS but i mostly have constipation and lots of bloating and gas. Now I am going to the loo more, it's not diarrhoea but it is soft and I go every day if not more than once. i am used to having hard stools most of the time unless it's period time, especially during PMS. The doctor sent me home saying i need to relax, I have a cough and she said i must have pulled a muscle andf that's why i have the pain and the lower pain, well maybe i am just still inflamed, as they suspect i had a mild UTI which is cleared. It doesn't make much sense, and I am very anxious about the whole thing. Thanks.

Thread Information