Thread: Must resist consulting Dr Google......

Must resist consulting Dr Google......

I am really struggling here. I am desperate to look up if you can get acid reflux burning on your right hand side of it that is just my IBS but I know I shouldn't look at Dr Google. How else am I meant to calm myself down?

Re: Must resist consulting Dr Google......

Please do not see Dr Google. See your GP. I have had many consultations with Dr Google, it just leads to further anxiety and your mind creates symptoms which you don't really have. Seeing your GP and getting some help for your health anxiety is the only way to rid yourself of the worry. You may think your GP thinks you are a hypochondriac, this is normal, trust me health anxiety is far more common than you think.

Good Luck,

Sam

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

PS to prove my point, just reading through the forum has triggered itching, this is one of my anxiety symptoms. I once looked it up on Google, put it together with a few other harmless symptoms and found out I would not live beyond my next birthday. All complete nonsense of course. See your GP.

Sam

Problem is I can't see my GP until the 8th November as I am waiting to see the one who understands what I go through (he himself has IBS). The others seem to do more harm than good. I think I trust him. Plus am waiting to see a homeopath on the 24th November to get an alternative view on it all. But I did see Dr Google briefly to look up 'too much stomach acid or too little' but I made it a short visit. Still don't feel any better but at least I don't feel worse

Happy to hear it didn't make you feel worse, just don't do too much Googling.

Good Luck

Sam

Thread Information