Thread: Day 2 Escitalopram New SSRI User

Day 2 Escitalopram New SSRI User

second full day of taking ssri's and im on 20mg of Escitalopram and 2x25mg Topamax, feeling so space-cadet today im having difficulties working... if it wasnt so busy today id go home... customers are lookin at me funny coz im taking a while to reply im getting really confused trying to do simple tasks... spoke to a few people about halving my dosage and they said if i did that id have to go through all this again when i upped it... really fidgety and anxious but not too depressed which is nice... hoping i can last the day without a down or getting upset

Re: Day 2 Escitalopram New SSRI User

All I can say silent bob, is that you are doing extremely well under the circumstances. 20mg of Escitalopram is a very high starting dose and the side effects will impact on your daily routine. But if you stay busy hopefully you can ride the storm.
    Good luck.

BobbyDog

cheers bobby, its been really measing with how my body feels ive been getting weird sensations all over my body and weird head spaces all day... i take a dose tonight and then i switch to morning doses tomorow... had a fairly bad patch in the middle of the day where i thought i was gonna faint for a while... but the only tjing bothering me atm is palps, tingling in my back and zaps in my left hand... itll pass though i spose

Aw bob I really feel for you, it's hard starting ssri at a low dose never mind higher, I don't know how you are managing to work, can you speak to your boss and try and get a few days off, I think most folk will try to take time off when starting meds. X

thanks laura nah i havnt even bothered asking for time off, i cant afford too and the business would grind to a halt if i wasnt there... i just plug myself into my headphones and try to ignore the feelings and things as best i can, and if it gets too much i go hide out the back for 10mins and have a smoke and a coffee to chill

Thread Information