Thread: Cipralex & Ibuprofen

Cipralex & Ibuprofen

Hello everyone.

I have a quick question. I am relatively new to SSRI medication. Today is day 20 of taking 5 mg of Cipralex daily. I know its a low dosage, but so far its all i have needed to keep my anxiety away. I have an appointment with my doctor on November 14th where we will be discussing if i should raise the dosage to 10 mg daily or not. My question is simple. I have been a person who has always been a little bit prone to headaches. Especially when the weather changes here in Canada, the changes enviromental pressures kill my head. Prior to going on Cipralex, I have always taken either Advil (ibuprofen) for headaches and/or Advil Cold and Sinus for sinus headaches / infections. I googled Cipralex and Ibuprofen, and many sites warn that it is not a good idea to mix the two drugs. Tylenol (acetaminophen) never seems to do much for my headaches. Don't get me wrong, i dont take 3 advils a day or anything, but if i get a nagging headache i will take one of the liquid gels to help it go away. Maybe 2 or 3 advil pills a week max!

Is this okay? If not, what would you recommend i take for headaches that does not react with Cipralex?

Thanks,

Mike

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Sorry, someone asked a similar question below.

Re: Cipralex & Ibuprofen

My doctor told me now and again is ok but to try and manage with paracetemol x Ask his advice though x

Re: Cipralex & Ibuprofen

Hi Laura, thanks for your response.

I have my appointment coming up on November 14. I will ask my doctor whats the best thing to take for pain relief from headaches etc. I also want to know if i can take things like Advil Cold & Sinus or Nasonex. I live in Canada and due to our up and down climate in the winter I am prone to sinus infections. I have had to rely on those two above drugs in the past to get me through work for short periods. I will post what he suggests here. I will ask him about paracetamol also if i remember. These appointments are only 20 minutes. :(

Take Care,

Mike

Thread Information