Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People that have been totally cured from Agoraphobia using CBT

Re: People that have been totally cured from Agoraphobia using CBT

If you want to read my CBT experience I will find you my post on here if you like?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm looking to rid that "niggling doubt". Do you know of anyone on NOMOREPANIC that has been cured of Agoraphobia?

Ummmm a lot of members get "cured" then disappear then come back again, or they get "cured" and don't bother coming back as they have no need for the site anymore. One of the admins - Diane07 is doing fantastic at the moment and she is still around on here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can live with the 90% to be honest as I have come so far over the past 20 years of suffering. I am not sure I will ever be 100% but that is the nature of anxiety - nasty little beast it is!

I forgot to add that Diane used CBT4PANIC

Great posts here. Is there a thread with diane's story around?

I will ask Di to read this thread

Hello

Well I can't say that I'm totally cured, because I'm still working hard with it right now. But what I can tell you is that before I started using CBT4PANIC I was completely and totally housebound and have been since 2004.

Seeing a therapist unfortunately didn't work for me, I felt under pressure to achieve things and that had a bad effect on me. With CBT4PANIC I've been able to study it and work with it at my own pace and that has helped me immensely. I'm very happy with the progress that I'm making.

I am one of those that are on medication too, I suffer from depression as well, so I need to have anti-depressants to keep my mood stable.

I suppose we each have to try and find what works for us, as we are all different, so some things will help us and some things wont. It's taken me years to find something that works for me, but I have, at last, found it.

Nicola I would love to read your CBT experience and Diane's too please

There's so many ex-drug addicts, food addicts, gambling addicts, etc. that are involved in counselling programs. It's frustrating that we don't have the equivalent with former agoraphobics. Robin Hall was apparently once agoraphobic, but beyond him, I don't really know any.

My theory is that you can be cured much faster with the guidance of people who know exactlywhat it takes to become cured.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information