Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trapped burps, feeling nauseous and food/drink backing up? Anyone get this?

Unhappy Trapped burps, feeling nauseous and food/drink backing up? Anyone get this?

Does anyone else here experience trapped burps, feeling nauseous and feel as if your drink and food are backing up from your stomach all the time? I was told it may be Acid Reflux, but I rarely get a burning sensation in my throat, my chest or stomach. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink, it's still there. Even when I wake up in the mornings..

The feeling is extremely uncomfortable as it feels as if I'm about to barf which I have a extreme phobia of.

I've been to the doctors over this issue and they assume it's anxiety, but I really don't think it is. I do have General Anxiety Disorder which makes this whole thing worse, but even when I'm not anxious, it's always there still.

I've been put on quite a few medication for Acid Reflux, and none have helped me. (Omeprazole, Rennie and Gaviscon)

I can't go back to the doctors for another 4 weeks now, so does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Trapped burps, feeling nauseous and food/drink backing up? Anyone get this?

It does sound like acid reflux. I've been getting it recently, horrible metallic taste in mouth, sore throat, bit sick feeling etc, etc. I've found if I've been stressed for a continuous period it makes its presence felt. One thing I am trying at the moment is apple cider vinegar (10ml) in 8floz of water. Seems to make my stomach roll a bit but did cut down the acid in throat feeling. Might be worth a try.

hi rls, im been having the same problem at times, esp the trapped wind and nauseas, infact to the point of nearly being sick, i have acid reflux, i also get a lump and tight throat at the same time esp when in bed lying down feels like the burps are trapped in my throat, the doc said it was reflux coupled with anxiety/stress its very uncomftable, also ive lost loads of weight over the last 7 months due to not eating much cuz of the awfall symptoms

Hiya folks!

Thank you for the replies, it's been a little better over the past 2 days thankfully as I've stopped worrying about it as much and focused on other things instead.

I was told I have mild Acid Reflux, but no medication I've tried has made any difference.
    So, I was worrying it may have been something more serious, like cancer of the esophagus or something. :(

What medication have you tried and how long were you on it for?

hi Rls1994 you have just relaxed my mind abit as am also emet and the past 3 days or so i had that same symptoms id eat & feel as if it was stuck & making its way back up also constant feeling of needing to burp or trump but wouldn't come out & i fet so sickly thats passed now but last night i could actually feel the acid in my throat but today thats all settled ive had constant watery mouth all day like acid coming into throat but no burning it is horrible what your going through right now and i also had my omeprazole plus gaviscon and nothing could move it but i just constantly rubbed my belly and little burps started coming out then i drank a bit of 7up then by end of the night i was burping and trumping alot lol xx just now this watery mouth is peeing me off

@Bernie19777

I've tried Gaviscon and Omerprazole, both I was on for 3 weeks. But didn't see any difference. :(

@Honeyp1e
    I know EXACTLY how you feel! It's incredibly annoying, and it feels as if nothing will be done about this, which makes me upset. I also suffer from the watery mouth sometimes, which I freak over since you usually get a watery mouth before you throw up.

@Rls1994 well I've woke up had bowl of porridge then just had few chocolate fingers & guess what ?? now feels like its stuck at top of my chest i wanna cry am sick of this happening all the time its really making me not wanna eat anymore its not painful or anything just annoying and does actually feel like its just gonna come bk up again but i stand up make myself burp and usually makes it feel a little better just wish i knew what it was...

Is it just me and anxiety causing this or is there actually something wrong ? have you ever been docs about yours ?

Chocolate fingers are delicious!

Really sorry to hear you're still having these problems, I can relate entirely as I also have the same problem. Last week I didn't eat hardly anything for a few days as I thought I was going to be sick. It was horrible!

Anxiety seems to make this whole thing a lot worse, it certainly does with me anyway. When I'm all calm and relaxed like now, and not think about it, it seems to be not as bad as it would be if I thought about it all day.

I've been to the doctors over this issue yes, and they also assume it's my anxiety playing up. I believe them in some way, but I think it's something else. It may be Acid Reflux, as I've heard it can cause these symptoms were suffering from.

Hope you feel better soon.

i had the same problem but my doc gave me lansoprazole 15mg, 2 on a morning half n hour before food n they seem to have helped tremendousely, i also drink a probiotic drink every morning too, hope u feel better soon, its horrible isn,t it? xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information