Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trapped burps, feeling nauseous and food/drink backing up? Anyone get this?

Re: Trapped burps, feeling nauseous and food/drink backing up? Anyone get this?

Hiya camperlady.

I'll be seeing my doctor in about 2 weeks from now so I will mention that medication when I see her. I do agree though, it is horrible and uncomfortable. And since I have a phobia of being sick, this issue makes it 100x worse. Thank you for helping, I appreciate it.

no probs, hope it works for you too, if your doc prescribes you it, certainly made a difference with me alongside the probiotic drinks

Rls1994 how you feeling now ??
    I have this feeling back in my throat again :( really peeing me off now as constantly feeling food is stuck in my throat or a burp etc that just wont move my omeprazole & gaviscon dont help at all :(

Our brain and stomach are linked. If your anxious expect reflux, they go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    Rls1994 how you feeling now ??
    I have this feeling back in my throat again :( really peeing me off now as constantly feeling food is stuck in my throat or a burp etc that just wont move my omeprazole & gaviscon dont help at all :(
    Hiya honeyp1e!

Im still getting this. Not one day that goes by that I don't experience any of these symptoms. I'm going to ask my doctor for further tests on the 3rd December, because I'm getting SO tired of this.

.....and a ninja.

thats what am like Rls1994 am so SICK of suffering like this... this constant feeling like a burp is stuck in my throat gets me so anxious and then i start panicking etc its one big circle i just hate when you go docs and they put it all down to anxiety

I know the feeling! My doctors also think it is due to anxiety when I'm almost certain it isn't. That is why I am going to insist on having some other tests done, like blood tests, upper GI endoscopy etc. I will definitely let you know if I find out anything else, and if my problem gets resolved, I will tell you so you can follow my steps.

.....and a ninja.

i have the exact same feeling for about a week now, its there even when i wake up in the morning right until i got to bed! what was done to relieve you from it, its really bugging me so bad that i feel like im getting depressed over it..

Hi there, I think acid reflux is such a common symptom of anxiety because our stomachs become really sensitive. I never had any problems with my stomach...heart flutters and missed beats yes, stomach never...but a couple of years ago started to get the symptoms you describe. My doctor recommended Rennies Delflatine and at first I thought no way, these will never work as had Rennies before with no result, but the important difference with the Delflatine is that it contains an active ingredient called Simeticone which the others don't, and this is the magic ingredient. I couldn't believe how much it helped me, I was gobsmacked! Thing is, for some reason not every pharmacy stocks them where I live, the only places I can buy them is in the co-op pharmacy inside the supermarket and in Superdrug, Boots only have the normal Rennies as do Sainsbury's pharmacy and Lloyds pharmacy. Not sure why they don't all have them.

If you can get them its well worth trying and let me know how you get on

I've done all those tests too colonoscopy etc. Have the exact same problems had them for over 7 months kept feeling ill in my stomach too, seems I was lactoseintolerant. Maybe you too?

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

I really suggest you all try a intolerance or allergy test for lactose / gluten etc. I still have to burp but not as much as before, also the painfull feeling and empty stomach feeling is fading slowly. I had to take Pills that contain Lactase which didn't help for the 1st month but afterwards it started to heal me slowly. I know this feeling makes you feel like shit so please try it and see how it goes. Being lactoseintolerant is underrated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information