Thread: Anyone around? Feeling terrible

Anyone around? Feeling terrible

I'm still battling withdrawal from my mirtazapine together with a sort of reoccurrence of my anxiety symptoms - mainly nausea and stomach ache.

Every morning, the instant I open my eyes - I get this rush of nausea wash over me and I need to get up, whatever time it is.

My husband gets up at 5am, and so as soon as the alarm goes off, bingo, I feel really really sick.

Psych gave me some sertraline - but am trying to cope without them for the time being.

I just worry (as stupid as it sounds) that the meds were "holding something at bay" and now I have stopped taking them, the big "C" has been brought to a head. I KNOW I KNOW - I had this chat with my psych - if anti-d's could hold cancer at bay, everyone would be taking them.

I know its just my mind being daft, but feel as though I am stuck in this awful nausea bubble and can't get out.

Had acupuncture last night - was told it was "wonderful" for nausea - but doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Anyway - I guess I should stop feeling sorry for myself, get up and go for a walk - but its so hard. Just want to curl up and cry:(

No advice but didnt want to read and run. Hope you are feeling a bit better now
    ((((((hugs)))))))
    I always find mornings the worst and can feel sick too. It best if i get up and on with things quickly but it takes some doing.

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

You poor thing, I hope you get over this very soon. Things are always so much worse in the mornings too, aren't they. Especially 5am - yuk, what a horrible time to wake up!

Have you got any relaxation techniques you can try on waking? Have you ever tried Reiki? Are you having any more accupuncture? I was wondering if they could tell you of any accupressure points you could use yourself for nausea?

I hope you find something that works or it goes away really soon.

Thinking of you .....

Caroline
    xx

Hi SB, I can relate to how you are feeling, I am not coming off meds or doing anything different, but the past couple of months has been hell for me too, (maybe it was the shock of my sons accident) but he is getting much better now, I feel so so sick when I wake, then I find it to hard to get up, get up late and feel even worst. I had over 12 months of feeling pretty good and thought it was all behind me at last. But here it is again. One of my bed symptoms if tummy, feeling nausea and the runs most of the day, then there is the feeling dizzy like you are going to fall over, It don’t really feel like anxiety it feels like you are really ill, run down and weak? But it’s happened before and will probs happen again, it’s not really that you are coming off meds but more the thinking about coming off that’s making you feel so ill I think. Its like me I was doing so good then my sons accident and I feel so horrible again, He is getting much better and looks like he will have a good recovery, but I think maybe the initial shock thinking he was going to die brought back the anxieties and fears. Try not to think about stopping the meds to much once they are out of your system you will feel much better, My youngest son was put on antidepressants last year and they didn’t agree with him, he had a few bad weeks coming off them but after that he was 100% better without them. Take care, hope you feel better soon, Vernon

Hi SB,

Aw hugs for you.I too get nausea on a daily basis. It's just our anxiety hun.

Thinking of you

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Oh hun,i am sorry you feel so ill,i had nausea for years,so i know how vile it is.I think vernon may be right ,it could be the idea of coming off the meds has spiralled into an anxiety reaction,one of the symptoms being nausea.Well now,ginger helps alot.Also going to a herbalist [i know it is expensive,but it cured me!]or go to the herbalist shop and ask there.Hey thisis a blip and you will get better.Believe it sb,it is the truth!thinkin of you ,love mary rose.xxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Thanks everyone - didn't manage to "get up" at all today - still in my PJs at 8pm!! Still feel really sick - only managed a little bit to eat.

I remember last time - I associated feeling sick with eating food - so whenever I ate today - bingo - feel sick.

I guess you're right Vernon - I was find before I stopped the meds - well a heck of a lot better than this - and I'm not really stressed at work etc, so I guess its just the withdrawal and me stressing over that.

I WILL NOT LET THIS BEAT ME!!!

My psychologist puts this down to the sudden loss of my mum over 4 years ago. She was my rock and if I felt a bit ill, I'd just call her and she'd reassure me. Now that my "rock" has gone, I worry constantly about my health, hence the anxiety.

I feel so pathetic some times - when mum was told her brain tumour was malignant, they told her 6 months to 2 years, she turned round and said, "if its ok with you, I'll take 3 years thanks". She was ready for a fight, and yet I feel that all I have is anxiety and I let it take hold and end up in a state like I am now.

Maybe I do need the new meds to give me a bit of a lift and then start the talking therapy again. I spoke to a friend today who suffers in the same way. He said he had tried several times to come off the meds, but felt so awful he started taking them again. I suppose he's right when he says if you need them, well so be it.

Maybe I'll just adopt some more furry babies (cats!) instead of having a real one.

Sorry for the rant - just at a massive loose end - my husband has gone out on a stag do, left me here on my own and I'm feeling more sick than ever.

SB

have you ever thought of herbal or homeopathic remedies?

i use them recently along with strong vitamins and am hoping for the best. i got advice from jan de vries a famous complementary guy hes very good

jackie

Thanks Jackie

Before I came off the meds, my psych said I could try (as option 1) St Johns Wort. However when I saw him on thursday, he thought I was "too far gone" for it to help.

My acupuncturist is also a chinese herbalist, so might ask her when I see her on Monday.

Have got an emergency supply of diazepam, is it ok to take one - just want to get through tonight, or will that cause me more problems.

I guess I just have to accept that its cold turkey and nothing else! In fact my acupuncturist told me last night that there is absolutely no difference between someone coming off anti-ds and someone coming off heroine. I guess she's right.

I should listen to my mum, who would have said "get on with it girl"!!!

Thanks again

SB xx

Thread Information